Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Swaddling blanket recommendation

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User

Swaddling blanket recommendation

A question for experienced moms -

I'm thinking about buying a few swaddling blankets for the newborn baby. I prefer those big square ones which can be used as blankets in the future. Anyone has any good experience with any specific brands? Where can I get them in Hong Kong?

Many thanks in advance!!!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    We used a light flannel kind from the brand George that we still use today (son is a toddler) but I have no idea where you might buy them in HK. If you're pregnant and haven't had your baby yet, I wouldn't buy too many swaddling blankets though because there is a chance your baby won't put up with swaddling (mine HATED it and we bought and were given dozens of those blankets which we never used). It definitely is a good idea to buy bigger blankets that can be used for other things if you don't use them for swaddling. Having said all this, swaddling cloths are easy to make--buy some light-weight fabric (usually cotton) and hem the edges and voila, you have a swaddling blanket. I know some people even use scarves in the summertime because they are sheer and not as hot.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    With the HK heat I actually found small crip or cot flat sheets the best thing! With DD one (in wrap until about 8 months) as she got bigger we still could use the sheet where the little swaddles were no longer useful. For DD two, we found she didn't want to be wrapped as long so moved into sleeping bags after three months and the sheets went back to the normal use.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my first hated swaddling so we didn't do it for long.

my youngest would only sleep well when swaddled BUT was a master of escaping!! we found the Miracle Blanket was the best swaddle by far!!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User

KKKK is offline Registered User
    please buy the MOTHERCARE miracle swaddling one. we bought 2 or 3 for our son but he got out of everything. I then tried the miracle one (which i'd bought before he was born but didn't like at first) amazing i'd recommend it to anyone.

It acts like a straight jacket - which is why i didn;t like it at first but it works !!

our baby was sleeping approx 6 hours at a time at 2 weeks old, 8 hours at a time by 5 weeks and 10 hours at a time by 8 weeks - i even lied to my friends about his sleeping it was so good !! - of course with this post they will now know !! ;)

I absolutely think it was down to the swaddle - he couldn't get out of it !!

we love it def in our top 5 baby buys

there are several mothercares in hk pm me for more detail - good luck

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    KKKK - i agree the Miracle Blanket is great. my son was kept well swaddled in it too. not sure you can attibute M's great sleeping to the blanket tho ;o)

Matty is offline Registered User
    KKKK what else have you been lying about?
    I always suspected M was complete angel and you just pretend he is a handful!:-)

I needed the miracle blanket or a large cot sheet for my first because he could fight his way out of anything.
    My second was a lot more chilled, and I found that in HK in the middle of summer, the extra large muslin squares were al I needed.
    Last edited by Matty; 07-14-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast