Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Live-out LOCAL Helper

SophieHK is offline Registered User

Live-out LOCAL Helper

I am looking for a live out local helper starting early Sept basically to take care of my new born baby (his birth is expected 2nd week of Sept) and handle house work. We are two working parents.

I am struggling to find a local helper, a HK person native in Cantonese. She does not need to speak English only Cantonese. I have already tried through the Labour Dpt but so far no results...

If I really cannot find a HK person, then I will start looking for a helper but in this case, I would prefer someone who knows how to speak very good Cantonese AND very good English.

Any tips or referrals for me?! Time is running out and I am getting so worried baby will come before I find anybody...

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Sophie

wwong68 is offline Registered User
    I know that they have this hotline which u can call. It's a local helper line. They try to match what you are looking. You should give them a call. The number is 2317 4567. I am sure most of them do speak Cantonese only though.

I think you should leave the English to you and your husband. You don't want to find your child speaking broken English or with funny accent.

tallmama is offline Registered User
    hi sophiehk, where do you live? i have a referral but she only works in tseung kwan o area or hk east.

SophieHK is offline Registered User
    I live in Kennedy Town....

manolita is offline Registered User
    Hi Sophie,

Same as you I am looking for a local live out helper...I am living in Olympic and it really hard to find one....

Hope that you will be luckier than me...

Fi_Bee is offline Registered User
    Hi - I'm also looking for a live-out helper ideally, and one who speaks excellent English. I'm due mid October but am looking for word of mouth referrals to possibly start by end of August so we can all get used to one another before the baby comes along.

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User
    Hi desperate mums in seek of live-out helpers, i'm also actively seeking for one in Kowloon area for the last 2mths but in vain. Can Geobaby help in this?

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    It's really hard to find a live out helper in HK. Some people employ a confinement period lady who can cost anywhere between $15-$20K/mth and they cook and help with the baby during the first month after giving birth. I'm not sure whether they'd be willing to stay and work extra months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast