Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Interesting About Co-Sleeping

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Interesting About Co-Sleeping

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Love the beers in front of them~
    But they didn`t really say all that much.

I think that at this blog, all of their commentaries are very short which is nice because they don't drone on about stuff and give more introductory spiels on topics than anything.

What the lady, Carrie Contey (I had not heard of her before this but has anyone checked out her books or other resources? She wrote the book "CALMS") had to say, I think, was good because she gave a very quick summary of the current status of the "co-sleeping debate" without picking sides.

She also brought up some of the issues I haven't heard talked about much when it comes to co-sleeping--the fact that a lot of people (at least North Americans) associate the parents bedroom with sexual intimacy and it doesn't seem like an appropriate place for a child to be spending his or her time (ironic as it may be because "that's how babies are made" afterall, right?)

Also, at the end of the clip when the guys are sitting there I could really relate to the guy wearing the "OBEY" shirt when he talks about how his wife needs ample sleep and that baby in bed didn't work for them for that reason.

I think this blog also wants to reach out to men who wouldn't dare be avid readers of any of the "mommy blogs" out there--maybe gives them a starting spot to deciding how they feel about the whole "co-sleeping" thing--it's been talked to death in the mommy blog circles but maybe not so much in the daddy blogs?

I found this clip about Slow Parenting with Carrie Contey:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...82494#30982494