Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

IVF support

S_HK is offline Registered User

IVF support

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with PCOS over a year ago, was put on clomid for a few months and had 5 IUI's - all unsuccessful. So IVF is our next step. Currently taking a break from all the meds and treatments for a couple of months and plan to start an IVF cycle in September.
    I have found this infertility journey very difficult emotionally, and am feeling daunted by IVF.
    Was wondering if anyone knows of any support groups or somewhere which offers infertility counselling? I know in the UK and US there are lots of clinics which provide emotional support services for those undergoing fertility treatments, but have not found any such services in HK?

Thanks very much!

augustbump is offline Registered User

hi S_HK

i think there are many women out there whom can identify with your feelings.. me included. There is a support group called COPING.. run informally by a very kind lady - Debbie Langford. You can contact her via email [email protected].

The women usually meets once a month in the evening to chat, share etc information.

I found the group supportive and at least you are able to talk abt your frustration, fear and what not with ppl whom truly understand what you are going through .. at least thats what I felt.

pm me if you need further information .

i wish you well..

iolana is offline Registered User

You can also check out IVF Connections for a very knowledgeable and supportive online group of people from all over the world. When I was cycling, I had a buddy group that was undergoing IVF at the same time and we still logon from time to time to check on each other even 3 years later. I found the site to be a great source of support.

Hi augustbump,

Thanks so much for your kind message.
    I did see references to the Coping group in older posts, but was not sure if the group was still running. I'll definitely get in contact with Debbie.

iolana is offline Registered User

Question for the moderator - I tried to post a reply for S-HK yesterday with a very useful website and my own experiences, but I got a message that my post had to be vetted by the moderator before it would be posted. Is there some reason why my post still doesn't appear?

Thanks iolana, will check out the website.