Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

a question for baby carrier users..

louloute is offline Registered User

a question for baby carrier users..

My baby is due next month, so the arrival is well prepared now. :)
    I bought a baby carrier a while ago, thinking it would be much easier than a stroller.
    Now, I have a question that pop my mind: how do you manage when you're alone with the baby on his carrier and you want to go to public toilets??
    Do you keep the baby on the carrier? Or a stroller is better to use when you go out without hubby/friends to help?

Thanks for your answers :))

reei is offline Registered User
    hi louloute,

for question of baby carrier or stroller, depends on how u r travelling, by the mtr/car, i'd prefer the stroller, and if travelling by bus, prefer the baby carrier. also depends on what type of stroller u have, whether you can fold single handedly.
    if going to public toilet, i'd prefer the baby carrier as i can carry baby in with me..
    good luck.

piper is offline Registered User
    I just sent you a PM. Had the very same question a couple of wks ago. would be happy to help.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    You can actually use the toilet with a carrier on. It`s not that comfortable and takes a bit longer but it`s still possible. If you have a stroller, I would just go into a handicapped toilet. If there isn`t one, sometimes I just use the regular stalls, but put the stroller outside it and keep my door open. Not nice for privacy, but nice for peace of mind:)
    When I go out for the day with my husband, we often take both the stroller and the carrier for when the baby gets fussy, just to mix it up a bit. When my son was first born and I went out alone, I would usually put him in the stroller. That was just the most comfortable for me. But I`m not a baby wearer, only for convenience and sometimes necessity.
    For newborns, I would think the carrier would be ideal, since the babies are so light then. Now I would only use a carrier (baby bjorn) for a quick jaunt around the apartment garden, no longer than 15 minutes or else it`s too much for my body since my baby is now nearly 8kg.

Wildcatfin is offline Registered User
    I have a baby wrap and it has been a lifesaver, especially in HK which is so buggy-unfriendly, and especially as I often go out alone.

Its fine; when he was tiny he sort of lay against my upper chest, now he's a hefty toddler he sits on my hip in it. Yes he gets a bit heavy on long walks but there are not many places in HK where you can't stop for a coffee or whatever - he's over 14kg and I still use it daily. Exercise for me too I suppose! Just take a look at people struggling through shops or crowds with a buggy, then think how easy it ius to just walk through, normally with a wrap.

Can't reccommend them enough. Bought my buggy out to Hk and its such a pain to get around with I have only used it twice.

Oh I got a Maya wrap - one of the ring types. Soft, colourful, easy to wash and very breathable/ comfy. We were given a Baby bjorn and it was horrible - all sorts of straps, plastic sweaty feel, uncomfy toggles and a total pain to use alone. Stick to the cloth ones, there are LOADS of types. Considering women been using them for centuries they have to be good!

Cat x

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    Where did you get your wrap, Cat? I am looking for a new carrier cuz my baby girl outgrown the chicco one, and the fact that the current carrier hurts my back when I carry her and it leaves mark on her little thighs. :(

southside852 is offline Registered User
    The Ergo carrier is great and when they get too heavy to wear upfront, it can be worn as backpack. It totally saved my back!

reei is offline Registered User
    yup , the ergo carrier is lovely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast