Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please recommend a venue

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Are there any multi-purpose venues that are rentable at a reasonable price? Honestly, I want to be the one to do most of the planning and work--I just need a room.

rani is offline Administrator

Playtown and Cheeky Monkey have party rooms :)

Last edited by rani; 07-22-2009 at 09:09 PM.

carang is offline Registered User

you should check with the gov't sports facilities in your area. some mums suggested to me for a christmas party that i book at one of the sports "halls"... supposedly really cheap, and if you book in advance, you shouldn't have any problem getting the day you want.... only thing is that the time may be very limited... maybe 1-2 hours...

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

thanka2, what's your budget for the room rental? and are you thinking of staying in the NT for the party? apparently, there are some clubhouses of residential buildings that are willing to rent out their activity rooms even to non residents. you might want to ring around and check that out around your area.

Vivi Wonka is offline Registered User

You can try Starbucks. I know they have programs for kids party at affordable price with food and drinks. Check with the store at Tai Po Mega Mall I know they have a kids program next week. What is your party size?

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    you should check with the gov't sports facilities in your area. some mums suggested to me for a christmas party that i book at one of the sports "halls"... supposedly really cheap, and if you book in advance, you shouldn't have any problem getting the day you want.... only thing is that the time may be very limited... maybe 1-2 hours...
    That might be just the ticket! My son loves sports and especially football (soccer). I wonder if we might be able to get sports equipment too? Hmmm...I will check! And cheap is good! Cheap is good! Honestly, a 2-hour party for a 2-year-old is quite enough!

Quote Originally Posted by fingerscrossed View Post
    thanka2, what's your budget for the room rental? and are you thinking of staying in the NT for the party? apparently, there are some clubhouses of residential buildings that are willing to rent out their activity rooms even to non residents. you might want to ring around and check that out around your area.
    Hmmm....budget....cheap. The cheaper, the better. 500-1000 HKD would be great! I would prefer to stay nearby for the party because I plan to "cater" and plan it myself so I don't want to haul things on public transport too far (we don't have a car). If it's nearby we could take a taxi.

The thing is, where we live--really, there aren't any big highrise apartments with clubhouses--even the big housing estates are all just single-family village houses without clubhouses. Even the closest "town" has maybe one or two housing estates that might have a clubhouse. I don't even know where to start looking as far as renting clubhouses goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi Wonka View Post
    You can try Starbucks. I know they have programs for kids party at affordable price with food and drinks. Check with the store at Tai Po Mega Mall I know they have a kids program next week. What is your party size?
    Do all Starbucks do this or just the one in Tai Po? Tai Po is really far for us from here. I've never heard of Starbucks offering catering? Where would a group of energetic 2-year-olds run around at? The type of children I'm talking about aren't the ones who are going to sit down and quietly munch on birthday cake. What kind of things does Starbucks do with these kids?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast