Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Calling all "Babes with Babies"

slamdunk is offline Registered User
    Agree, sales are good for picking the 'branded' stuff at the the kids floor in Lee Garden 2, Causeway Bay or Prince's Bdg Central. Also got some good stuff from some of the local offerings like Kingcow.

LilyBo is offline Registered User
    Togs unltd have a 50% sale on at the mo - I picked up some FAB bargains. All overstocks from major brands - mothercare, gap, next... you get the picture. Additional 10% off if you take the ad from The List with you. I think I picked up 3 gorgeous tops and a great denim skirt for around $70total.

Based in DB and Central.
    (no - I'm not affiliated with them so feel free to remove this post if you consider it spamming)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    If you go to This Webpage you can print their advertisement from the webpage for the extra 10% off. Also, if you are expecting or if you have a young baby (my 9 month old was young enough), you get ANOTHER 10% off - so in total 70%. I got some really cute stuff for really cheap the other day too.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    The lanes off Queens Rd have some nice things but a bit hit and miss. Lovely girls party dresses.

In terms of a market for kids clothes - think it depends on the price you are going to charge. With Stanley, lanes and H&M so cheap and Mothercare sales so good, I think that there is plenty here for littlies. Maybe different for 5 and up.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenzhennifer View Post
    I love Carter`s brand(for a boy), and to my knowledge they only have it at Stanley. Other than that, I really like H&M clothes.
    I'm not too brand-specific because my reasoning is that my child outgrows his clothes every few months anyway but Carter's is really great and they have a LOT of outlet shops here in Hong Kong or factory overruns/slightly irregular shops too.

For my son, I shop at the outlet stores and street market at Fa Yuen Gai (Flower Garden Street) which is a 2-minute walk from the Mong Kok MTR station in the opposite direction of Ladies Market. I bought my son's entire wardrobe there (about 4-5 complete outfits) for less than 200 HKD and most of the clothes were either name-brand or also very nice.

I also shop at a few outlet stores here in the New Territories--I always have my eyes peeled when I'm out and about around town for good deals. Generally, I pay no more than $15-30 HKD for an outfit (trousers and shirts or a one-piece) for my toddler.

I have never bought clothes for my son inside a mall or babies store here in HK because the price difference is so enormous that I just can't ignore that!

If I make a trip to the States I might buy certain clothes items for my son but I always try to buy them in sets (got this incredibly cute Osh Kosh trousers, dress shirt and jacket set last year for around $8 USD).

Yuen is offline Registered User
    Thanks for responding to my thread. All the responses are great. There is no better way to get a feel for HK's baby shopping than through mums. Do you mind if I keep you all in the loop and let you know when my website is up and running. I have a great collection...its all fun stuff. Its branded but it won't make a dent in your pocket. If you are interested, do you mind dropping me a message. Thanks "Babes with Babies".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12