Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bed rest?

mommyinhk is offline Banned

Hi all--

I had major bleeding on Friday, right after my doctor's visit. I was told to go on rest in bed. But the cramps and the pain was so severe (like contractions and shooting pain), I finally checked into Matilda so they could give me some shots for the pain. Was released today and now back on bed rest. The baby survived and is doing very well actually. She's (I'm really hoping it's a girl) grown a lot and has a strong heartbeat. However, the latest scan shows that the hematoma/blood clot is still there. It's right next to the baby and it's pretty large (bigger than the baby). So it looks like it's going to be bed rest for me for a while. Sigh.

geomum is offline Registered User

Mommyinhk I am glad you are doing better now and your baby is doing great. Just a few more weeks to go before you'll be on your feet again, hope you are able to find entertaining ways to keep busy.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Hi

Poor you - it is so stressful. I had a serious bleed after my 12 week scan (apparently unrelated to the scan itself) and was admitted to hospital for monitoring for the night then a week of bed rest. All seems to have calmed down now (now 17 weeks this week) but am so stressed about it happening again. Mine was also a clot but they could not tell why it had happened and therefore whether or not it would happen again.

Try to stay calm, take care and I am pleased that baby is doing well despite all the scares.

SB2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top