Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Tuen Mun Hospital - experience and comments appreciated!

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

Post Tuen Mun Hospital - experience and comments appreciated!

Hi All,

Baby number 2 is due in October and we are zoned for Tuen Mun Hospital. For my older fella we went private in Sha Tin but I did not find that the experience justified the cost -- I've commented about this hospital in previous forum posts on this site, if anyone's curious. :)

So far, I haven't heard much to gush about Tuen Mun hospital, and when I visited I was very disappointed with the service. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about the hospital and its care? Any experiences/stories would be duly appreciated.

I'm lucky enough to have my mum in HK, she lives in Hung Hom and I'm still registered under her lease so I can also go to POW/QE when -mind the pun- push comes to shove if that is the best option.

Any input would be duly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nash

Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

AmyH is offline Registered User

I am in the same situation as you are with regards to the zone being Tuen Mun hospital. After reading some of the threads on this site I became quite fearful of going there so spoke to my OB about it. He wrote me a referral letter for the prince of wales hospital so I will be delivering there instead.

hkaussie is offline Registered User

I was one of the few happy stories I've heard from Tuen Mun! We had a great experience, and the staff were excellent, but not everyone has that story. Feel free to send me a message if you want to know more.

I am surprised that AmyH was able to get a referral to another hospital, we found that there was nothing but brick walls, whatever we tried. You could try going to Amy's OB!

One problem is, if you go to a hospital further away, you'll be having to go to all your clinic appointments far away which can be very inconvenient especially if you have older children, and especially towards the end when you're very heavily pregnant and the appointments get closer together.

AmyH is offline Registered User

It was actually quite simple to get the referral in the end. I did try for QMH before POW but they would not accept the referral. There were no questions asked when I took the referral letter to POW, they just registered me there and then and I have been visiting them for my antenatal appointments without any issues.

My OB is Dr Alex Doo.

Nashua852 is offline Registered User

I've had Dr. Doo once before for a minipill prescription -- might ring the Matilda and make an appointment with him if my regular GP's letter doesn't work.

HKaussie I'll take you up on that offer for more information! Shall PM you shortly

Thanks ladies!

Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009