Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROA endorsment on non HKSAR passport for New Born

mwong222 is offline Registered User
    to be clear we have to seperate ROA (permanent residence) and citizenship. Citizenship is only required for voting and passport. ROA or permanent residence is required to live in HK w/o Visa. Seperate issues. Also HK does still allow dual citizenship. It is just the passport control belongs to China so to have a passport you can only have HK citizenship. So basically if dual citizen, you can vote but not get a passport. having a HK passport and another countries passport is technically illegal no matter when you got the second one (unless before 1997). But like i said you don;t have to proove that you don't have another country's citizenship. Only have to say you don't.

I am not sure about the ROA. My son got citizenship because my wife is china national. I think 1 of the parents have to be for citizenship. what does it say on the birth certificate? It gives the child's status on it.

you can also apply for a HKID card for your child. This way you don't need to worry about passport. Not sure if it can be used at Customs though (no picture). i do know can be used as ID at bank.

scottkelly is offline Registered User
    Hong Konh

Right of Abode Sticker

Can any one tell me how long it takes to apply for the 'right of abode sticker' for a foreign passport? The guy at immigration tower said 6-8 weeks, and we were hoping to travel much sooner.

We are also confused. Our baby daughter who was born in HK and holds a British passport, we were asked to fill out the form ROP 145, which seams to only apply to Chinese nationals making the application.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Please see our earlier thread on the timing
    ROA Endorsment in Non-HKSAR Passport

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12