Run out of ideas
- 07-29-2009, 10:53 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Hong Kong
We do keep a stash of meals for him (mashed/chopped) frozen into ice cubes in the freezer and they are good for him for lunch. Also, because he eats his dinner at 5.30pm and we eat ours at 7pm - 8pm, dinner is not always ready by the time he has his. Love having the convenience of having some things ready in the freezer for defrosting if needed. Same goes for frozen fruit we can defrost for his oatmeal for breakfast.
- 07-29-2009, 07:24 PM #10Bumps Guest
I came across this great recipe today..... you could substitute the asparagus and tomatoes for vegetables your little one prefers.....easy for them to hold too!
Baby Frittatas (Makes 12 Baby Frittatas)
3 Large Eggs
2 Tbsp Milk
2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
1/4 Cup Asparagus, diced
3 Sun Dried Tomatoes, packed in oil and diced
1. Preheat the oven 375 degrees.
2. Spray or grease mini muffin tins with oil or butter.
3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Add the cheese, tomatoes and
4. Add a heaping tablespoon of egg/vegetable mixture to each muffin cup.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6. Cool and serve.
- 07-29-2009, 07:28 PM #11
beef & potato yellow (thai) curry
green string beans, eggplant with minced pork
garlic & corriander prawns
kids LOVED it!
- 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Hong Kong
warm tomato couscous with roast rack of lamb
LO can have minced lamb in couscous tomorrow. For couscous, cook onions and garlic (optional) in olive oil until transparent and add some chopped carrots, courgettes or other veggies. Add 1 can chopped tomato and some olives (+ olive paste to taste) and cook. Stir in cous cous (you have to follow pack directions for quantity and may have to add more water or stock as necessary). The cous cous soaks up all the cooking liquid and is ready almost immediately.
Salt to taste (you may not need it if you've used olive paste). Great with lamb and roast chilli peppers (not for LO, obviously).
- By Shenzhennifer in forum Everything ElseReplies: 3Last Post: 08-03-2009, 09:04 PM
- By carang in forum Everything ElseReplies: 12Last Post: 07-05-2009, 09:19 PM
- By e-mum in forum Everything ElseReplies: 4Last Post: 11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
- By JandIinHK in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
- By sharonwong in forum EducationReplies: 5Last Post: 03-14-2006, 12:33 AM