Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Gluten, Dairy and Egg Allergy

KKKK is offline Registered User

Gluten, Dairy and Egg Allergy

Hi we just found out that our son is allergic to gluten, egg, and dairy. He is 13 months old. I was wondering if anyone else has children with similar allergies who would like to meet up for coffee or chat online and share recipe / HK supermarket shopping ideas etc etc.

Also if anyone has good recipe ideas that are gluten (wheat) free, egg free, dairy free they would be very appreciated.

Any ideas are very much appreciated. Also any ideas for shopping - so far we are using 360, Great, Olivers, Jasons, and I know about the little giant(??) but haven't actually shopped there yet just looked online. If anyone knows of any more good stores that would be useful.

Carang if you read this I made your chicken egg plant curry today and it was a great hit so thank you x

k

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    How did you find out that your son is allergic to those things? Did you have to take him for an allergy test? If so, why did you decide to take him for an allergy test? My baby is only 4 months old, but he has on and off had this bad red rash on his face and because had bad excema as a child, I'm worried that he will have it too. Thanks for sharing your experience!

KKKK is offline Registered User
    Sorry can't really advice with this - the egg allergy was diagnosed because every time we give him egg he instantly (within 1 min) comes up with a rash over his face which last only about 30 mins. The dairy allergy was diagnosed as he had a persistant (3 months) cough and runny nose that cleared up once dairy was removed. The gluten allergy is still unsure but we are withdrawing it on the doctors and dieticians reccommendation until we are sure. Sorry I can't help more but I am new to this and definately not an expert. Speak to your doctor or a dietician and they will help you work through your worries. Good luck. K x

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    You can find some gluten free products (not a lot but still some basics) on Organic food & eco-friendly product with home delivery. The company is in DB and delivery is quick.
    On Internet you can also find some sites dedicated to gluten free diet.
    I've been on dairy free diet during a year for BF, it's a bit difficult at the beginning to find new recipies, but it's worth it. You can use tofu, soja (there are some soja yogourts which my son really loves).
    Is your baby allergic to cow dairy only or also goat milk ? you have different sorts of milks that you can use to make deserts (I use soja milk from cream deserts).
    Don't have any recommandation about egg... let's just hope it will stop by itself in a few years, it generally does for dairy products.
    Good luck !

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Hi K,

My mother in law is coeliac and when she was here last time we had be very mindful of what we made. I was talking to a colleague who is also gluten intolerant and he said he buys all his gluten free products from this shop:

Health Gate - 8/F Hung Tak Building
    106-108 Des Voeux Rd.
    Central

Tel:2545 2286

Haven't tried it out myself yet, as she wont be visiting for a few months but I really hope it helps!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Pekkie is offline Registered User
    Hi K,

You may want to check out healthydelight.net .