Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Vaccine - with runny nose/cough?

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Vaccine - with runny nose/cough?

My 4 months old is scheduled to have his vaccine tomorrow, but he has runny nose and a slight cough. I called the center and said as long as no fever it is okay, but if i doubt it, i can postponed it later. We are going for a month's vacation so i need to decide if tomorrow or next month. Any advice? thanks.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    My 5 month old has just had his 4 month vaccines late (I forgot!) and had a fairly strong reaction (fever, hot hard swelling under the injection mark and very unhappy for 3-4 days).

Doc said there was no problem with being a month late for us so maybe if you are traveling, wait until you are back?

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i would wait until you get back. i needed a vaccine for myself and the dr suggested i wait because i had a cold. he said that my immune system was already being challenged by the cold, why make it more difficult for my body by having a vaccine.... if that's what he said for me, i would definitely wait for my child.

you don't say when you are going away. if you are going in the next day or two, i woudl definitely postpone it. if not for another few weeks, then maybe wait a day or two and then see how baby is and try to reschedule.

KKKK is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Please don't vaccinate if they are even slightly sick. It means their immune system is already under pressure - another couple of weeks won't make any difference just make sure the follow on vaccines are delayed accordingly.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    As others have said. Hold off if you can. That said, I had to get DD her chickenpox when she had a cold as the daycare centre had a breakout and while it had not reached her room yet I wanted to be safe as she was just too little to be getting chicken pox!