Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where can I buy brewers yeast?

pinkballerina is offline Registered User

Where can I buy brewers yeast?

Hi There,

My baby is almost a week old and, due to complications during delivery, I'm having problems with my milk supply and he's constantly hungry and unsettled. I'm seeing a lactation consultant and trying all the remedies that are supposed to boost milk supply (fenugreek, guinness beer, mothers milk tea, etc) and I'm also supplementing him with formula to help satisfy him a bit more and help him put on weight. I also have a recipe that a friend has given me for lactation boosting cookies, however the recipe requires brewers yeast and I'm having trouble finding it. Can anyone tell me where I can buy it? I'm desperate!

Thanks in advance!

jaetee is offline Registered User
    You can find brewer's yeast at some of the organic/natural food stores - I have seen it at 360, Healthgate and Healthy Delight.

Have you tried Motillium/Domperidone to help with the supply issue? Also eating oatmeal and green papaya soup sometimes increase supply as well.

pinkballerina is offline Registered User
    Hi Jaetee,

Thanks so much for your reply. My hubby managed to find some brewers yeast at City Super.

Thanks for the recommendation regarding Motilium also. My Lactation Consultant also recommended it and I've been taking it for about 4 days now so fingers crossed I see some results soon.

:)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I saw some for a really good price at the Optimum Health Center in Causeway Bay yesterday--their prices are really good, I think.