Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

1st Anniversary Ideas?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

1st Anniversary Ideas?

I`m about to celebrate my first anniversary with my husband, and have no ideas what to give him or what to do. We will be in Bangkok that weekend (though unrelated and flying back to hk on the anniversary day) but will of course have baby with us at all times. Also, my husband is not very sentimental and doesn`t get the whole western obsession with celebrating holidays with cards, gifts, etc (to my dismay hehe). On top of that, we have had a bit of a rough year at times (at least since the baby was born).
    Does anyone have any ideas about how to celebrate or what to give him? No fancy watches or cufflinks or presents like that - just keeping it simple but meaningful.
    Thanks a lot for any ideas~

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My husband and I have a book which tells the "meaning" of each anniversary, but you can just as easily look it up online. I think that the first anniversary is "paper". We try to get gifts associated (sometimes very loosely) with whatever it's "meant" to be. For our first anniversary we got tickets (paper) to go see The Lion King in Melbourne (so a weekend away as well). There are webpages that have creative ideas if you want to keep to the theme. My hubby is Asian too and doesn't get the whole holiday obsession either. In fact, I think he's more "blah" about it the longer we've been married ;)

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    As the gift on the traditional list had to be something paper related I got some plush stationary from Prints and printed these off at home (mostly because I missed the deadline to do it professionally -- it still turned out as nice)

They were invitation cards for friends- (25, I believe) to a dinner dated 24 years from the date of our first anniversary asking them to come celebrate our silver wedding anniversary with us. The time and place was left blank and it included a little message with a small hope for our future.
    We also spent a night at a hotel whilst my mum babysat so that was nice. :) Since we were in TST we went to a cheap foot massage place as well.

I also did a mini scrapbook of our wedding as we were lazy farts and never did (still havent) end up having our wedding photo album done.

Aren't I a sap?
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yes, I read that paper is the traditional first anniversary gift, though am not sure about personalised stationary and the such.
    Nashua - you are a lovely sap! I love your idea, but my husband just wouldn`t get it. He would be happier if I bought him a PSP or something. That`s my husband.
    nicolejoy - I like your tickets idea... I wonder if there is anything going on in BKK that weekend. Of course we woulnd`t be able to go without baby. Not so romantic but...