Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Good hotels in Singapore

papa2b is offline Registered User
    Singapore has plenty of great hotels, however, if you are going with a baby/infant - nothing beats the Four Seasons experience.

For babies, they offer the usual cribs etc, but also baby amenities (it was Sebamed baby products when i was there previously), sterilizers, bottle warmer, stroller, and even a baby bjorn to borrow during our stay.

For kids a little older, all food and drink for kids under 3 or 4 is free off the menu and the location is right on Orchard Road so getting around is convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monster View Post
    Hi there,

we are planning a short trip to Singapore this month. but have no idea about the hotels there.

Which of the following hotels do you recommend? why? which is more convenient in terms of getting around the city? thanks alot.

Mandarin Oriental (Marina Square)
    Royal Plaza on Scotts
    Swissotel the Stamford
    Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa
    Marina Mandarin
    Fairmont
    Fullerton
    Meritus Mandarin
    Grand Hyatt
    Shangri-la (Tower Wing deluxe)

jaetee is offline Registered User
    We are also thinking of going to Singapore this month but are thinking of staying on Sentosa - hopefully the Rasa Shangri-La is okay - have heard some mixed reviews of late.
    Last edited by jaetee; 08-04-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Little Monster is offline Registered User
    the 3rd day I guess we will simply go for the Flyer, and then some authentic food. that's all.

the prime reason going to Singapore is to show my son real animals, so, can't miss the zoo and safari for the world.

Wish we could have a zoo in Hong Kong.

one quick question, do they have stroller rental in the zoo?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We went to Sentosa last year and stayed at the Sentosa Resort & Spa with our then 9 month year old. The difference between that hotel and Shangri-La is that the Shangri-La is a massive hotel and right on the beach so perhaps better for older toddlers. It's also next to the aquarium. We prefered smaller hotels that are not so overwhelming with our son at that age. We had a great time so I think it's personal preference.

Bumps Guest
    Yes - they have stollers and pull wagons (they are great fun!)

Singapore Zoo

wwg2102 is offline Registered User
    I'd try to stay indoors in the afternoon as it is more humid and hot than it is in HK.

We are back, from Singapore.

wow. my son enjoyed the trip so so much. He loves the zoo totally. Should have arrived earlier in the morning coz we didn't have enough time at the end. We went to the zoo and the nite safari on the same day. Surprisingly it was not at all that tiring. The zoo is not as big as I expected, and it is just very easy to walk around. besides, we can always hop on the tram when we feel tired. very easy to manage. My son enjoyed the Elephant ride and he (will be 3 next week) was not scared at all (too bad we didn't have time for the pony ride, but anyway, we can do it in HK anyway). of coz, he was excited to see the kidzone, and he was the last one to leave the zone.

We are kinda disappointed with the night safari though. For those of you who plan to go to Singapore, you can consider skipping this for a nice authentic dinner.

I am in love with Singapore because of this trip. It is indeed a very clean and relaxing city. No toilet smell in toilets. No wet toilet floors. Clean taxis, even clean and neatly dressed taxi drivers (most of them are very polite, nice and helpful, apart from the 2 Indian drivers (no offense, but that was really the case, one took it for granted to short change S$1.5, and the other was very cool and not helpful in answering our questions). A lot of greens wherever we went.

We saw a lot of construction projects going on, so by next year there will be an all-new Singapore. Hong Kong should stop being slack off otherwise she will be no competition for Singapore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12