Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tearful, easily stressed, high strung.....

TeamNZ is offline Registered User

Tearful, easily stressed, high strung.....

I dont know why but for some reason I feel ridiculously stressed and am wondering if anyne else has suffered the same (and hopefully come through the other side...).

I have a 5 yr old son who by most standards is well behaved, eats his food, sleeps through, can self entertain, yes definitely very loud in such a small flat but since we moved he has no outside play area.
    Also so very lucky to have a 8 month baby girl, generally happy, on a routine, still wakes at night but after feed (bottle) goes back to sleep.

Yes, I am working fulltime but luckily have my own business so I get to see plenty of the kids. Although exceedingly busy with work no more stress than usual... but... for some reason I am having a really tough time coping.

I find myself tearful, more emotional, easily stressed and generally feeling highly strung. Hubby and I arefine but it feels like we are just getting along whereas historically I have been so grateful we have had such a close relationship (he is fulltime dad).

I can't seem to get out of my own way. With so many things to be grateful for I struggle with why I cant seem to get myself out of this rut.

Somedays I find myself wanting to dash off to have a private cry, this is not in my nature and I find it so hard, feels like I am making mountains out of molehills and I dislike myself for it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any suggestions...all ideas welcomed!
    Last edited by TeamNZ; 08-05-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Added.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    It also took me more than a year after my son's birth to get back to normal reactions, but maybe you could do a quick test of hormones levels, just to make sure everything is fine...

MilkMonster is offline Registered User
    Hi there, hang in there. I agree, you can talk to your doctor about how you are feeling. in my case I was suffering from postpartum depression. Having kids, especially #2 really changes life and you are caring for a whole additional person!! It's tiring and overwhelming. Are you eating properly and getting enough rest? Must be hard with your own business and baby still waking at night. I would have a hard time making the simplest of decisions and would feel emotional and easily stressed if things didn't go as planned. My 2nd is 15mths now and I am in a much better place emotionally than a few months ago. Please take care and also talk to your husband about the way you're feeling. At times when I was feeling like crying, just talking to him on the phone and talking through my feelings would help for the moment to pass.

Hunter is offline Registered User
    I am stressful too though I have no time to be tearful.

I was "forced" to be a full time mommy 2 years ago when my company (a local corporation) asked me to leave the company for some non-important issues.

So, here I am, being a full time mommy. the financial stress (really stressful) of the family and also the generally disrespectful of the full time mommy's status are making me very very stressful. We have no helper, and you can imagine how hard it is. I feel like I am going to explode any minute.

Sometimes I pray that everything happened to me is just a terrible nightmare. God, i wish I could live my life all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamNZ View Post
    I dont know why but for some reason I feel ridiculously stressed and am wondering if anyne else has suffered the same (and hopefully come through the other side...).

I have a 5 yr old son who by most standards is well behaved, eats his food, sleeps through, can self entertain, yes definitely very loud in such a small flat but since we moved he has no outside play area.
    Also so very lucky to have a 8 month baby girl, generally happy, on a routine, still wakes at night but after feed (bottle) goes back to sleep.

Yes, I am working fulltime but luckily have my own business so I get to see plenty of the kids. Although exceedingly busy with work no more stress than usual... but... for some reason I am having a really tough time coping.

I find myself tearful, more emotional, easily stressed and generally feeling highly strung. Hubby and I arefine but it feels like we are just getting along whereas historically I have been so grateful we have had such a close relationship (he is fulltime dad).

I can't seem to get out of my own way. With so many things to be grateful for I struggle with why I cant seem to get myself out of this rut.

Somedays I find myself wanting to dash off to have a private cry, this is not in my nature and I find it so hard, feels like I am making mountains out of molehills and I dislike myself for it.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any suggestions...all ideas welcomed!

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    You're probably just in need of some me-time either by yourself or with some girlfriends. Take an afternoon off and go and do something for yourself, whether it be going for a haircut or strolling around a mall, then sitting down for coffee and cake. There are times where we just need to get away from it all and although it has never been in our nature to feel depressed, it happens. Find a way to vent and I'm sure you'll feel like yourself again before you know it. Hang in there!

HK2008 is offline Registered User
    I think maybe you'd just had a moment of 'weakness'...which happens to almost everybody, and before you know it, it'd be gone even after a good night's sleep!

I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but my problem is that I've got too much free time in my hands: I've got almost everything an ordinary person could ever have longed for, but most of the time when I look out of my bedroom window and beyond the sea and into a long distance, I feel nothing, complete emptiness...Yeah I'm still adjusting to my life in HK and still, haven't found myself in this new place yet...

Honestly, I don't know how to describe this feeling/emotion...self-pitying perhaps? Whatever it is, I'm not liking it, at all...

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    I would take some time away for yourself....can you "escape" with your hubby for a couple days, do you have an in-law / helper that you could entrust your kids to? It appears that the pressure is getting to you...and you just need to relex! - maybe just a foot message if you can't get away for so long or a facial! something soothing for you - perhaps you could add exercise to your routine (even if it's only 20mins / night walking)...that might help you to soothe yourself after a busy day...

louisouis is offline Registered User
    Hi TeamNZ,

No worries, just let the emotions come to you. It is only human to feel stressed once in a while. I literally at a breakdown a few weeks ago and woke my husband in the middle of the night telling hime that i can't seem to juggle sooo many things anymore, a highly demanding job with a demanding boss who move goalposts whenever she wants thus rendering you to be never good enough and thus not deriving any job satisfaction. The job robs me of my time with my child (16months) and my husband yet just because I am a women in a traditional society I am also suppose to manage the household. I am lucky enough to have a helper and my mother-in law who chips in but there are soooo many tiny details to deal with for example signing the child up for playgroups research on child related activities. Be a good mother, wife, daughter and sister, everyone needs emotional support and everyone tends to neglect the Mother! But since the emotional breakdown, I have decided that I need to take care of myself so that I can take care of my child in the long run and have decided to pick and choose things that I can manage. (By the way, my husband thinks that i am a prima-donna and cannot take any hardships...) Hahaha! if only he can live a day in my life then he will understand how challenging it is...Basically what I am trying to say is that YOU are very important and that if you need to cry then cry and then go and do something that you enjoy. When you are happy your child will be happy. I am still learning to cope and I hope all mothers like us will be able to work through these life's challenges. Take care!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast