Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

pneumoccol vaccine and 1 sept 2009...

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    $990? Tell them they`re dreaming. I got mine done at Healthway Medical Centre - they`re all over hk I believe.
    ????????

I think it`s pretty reasonable, considering for the 4-1n-1 the gov`t clinics charge nearly $400 (with no ID), the local private clinics and bit more, and then a hundred extra for the 5-in-1 and then the 6-in-1.
    Find this clinic or another local doctor - I enquired at many and their prices were all the same. Just don`t go in Central or some high end area where all the foreigners go. They do these shots at most if not all clinics here.
    If you wait til you go back to Canada, you might have a problem bc they probably cut off your healthcare, no? they do that if you spend more than 8 months out of Canada. Then you have to apply for it when you come back and it takes 3-4 months. Just might be a problem if your baby is of school age then and they need to have certain vaccinations to enter school. Just a thought. Though, like I said, I`m just following HK`s schedule - just that it now includes the one that is also on the Canadian schedule.
    The vaccine is HepB, Hib, DTap (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) and Polio. (6-in-1).
    I see you`re in BKK some of the time - whereabouts? I lived in Thailand for 3 years. We`re going back to BKK next weekend. Got any good store/market for babystuff/food to recommend?

solidstars is offline Registered User
    thanks shenzhennifer!

i called the healthyway med centre. the mongkok one costs 600 for the 6 in 1 but needs 400 for doctor fee but the tseun wan one doesn't need a doctor fee... so we may consider that when our son reaches 6 months...

we dont' plan on moving to canada anytime soon! I was just being overly cautious. i'm going to PM you about Bkk!

Wow, I have never paid the doctor`s consulation fee to get a vaccination. It seems to be their policy that the baby has to see the doctor first, but to make you pay, that`s a bit much. And 400 is really expensive for a consultation fee, even more than a private hospital (Union, adventist). Take the train to Tsuen Wan. And let me know when you come too~

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    Hi Ladies

Just to confirm cos I am lost here. My boy is now 9 months and he has already taken the 5 in 1 and 6 in 1 jabs so does it mean that the pneumoccol vaccine is already included in it.

Thank you

No, the `extra` in the 5-in-1 is the hib; in the 6-in-1 it`s the 3rd dose of hep B. The Pneumoccol is a different one altogether.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12