Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Escaping from swaddle - anyone tried the Peke Moe?

lisa88 is offline Registered User

Escaping from swaddle - anyone tried the Peke Moe?

My 5 month old regularly escapes from her swaddle and wakes herself (and us) up several times a night. She's been swaddled from birth so she's used to it and won't settle to sleep without the swaddle. Tried leaving her unswaddled once she wriggles free, but she will either flail her arms or scratch herself and wake up pretty quickly. Once she's awake, she wants to babble and squeal regardless of time of night! I read that the Peke Moe is aimed exactly for this type of problem. Any suggestions?

Bumps Guest
    Have you tried a swaddle with fasteners? I used this one and was fantastic!

Kiddopotomas Swaddle Me Blanket Organic Cotton LARGE

.... have not tried the Peke Moe - but they look like a great idea to wean them from swaddle.
    Last edited by Bumps; 08-06-2009 at 08:07 AM.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Hi Bumps, where can we get this swaddle blanket in hk?

zyxwv is offline Registered User
    You might also want to try a one arm swaddle. Once our son was predictably able to get out of the full swaddle, we graduated him to one arm only (by then his legs were usually out as well). A little over a month later we stopped swaddling entirely and he now just sleeps in his grobag.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    thanks everyone. Zyxwv, we tried the one-arm swaddle but it didn't work. She wriggled completely free within minutes. Will try a couple more things to see what works

solidstars is offline Registered User
    how about the grobag?

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my son was a little houdini but had a hard time escaping the miracle blanket from mothercare. he was wrapped so tight it was like a straight jacket.
    its worth a try if you haven't tried it already.
    other friends suggest using a cot sheet or something of similar size. as they get older if can be harder and harder to keep them wrapped.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i think 5 mth olds are too old to be swaddled. i swaddled both my babies when they were newborn, half swaddle them (under their arms) 2-3 mths & put them in grobags (or sleeping bags) from 4 mths. starting from 3 mths or so, i notice they kick a lot & like to free their arms. i also use a sleep positioner to avoid them from moving around & waking themselves up. Hope this is helpful!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top