Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which OB for best chance of vaginal birth?

anotherMum2Be is offline Registered User

Which OB for best chance of vaginal birth?

I'm living in Shanghai so can't visit the doctors to find out myself so would really appreciate if people could recommend which doctors who deliver at Matilda and Adventist are most helpful with trying to let you have a vaginal delivery? Or who should I avoid if I don't want to be pushed into a c-section?

Thanks.

chichi is offline Registered User

Hi, I think you should see Dr Joe Chan. He is very good and certainly pro-natural. Although I delivered my girl by C-section for breech, many of my friends were able to have natural delivery by Dr Chan. He works in both Matilda and Adventist and also other hospitals in HK.
    Dr Chan is also very patient and professional. He will definitely address your concerns, so feel free to ask him questions. His no. is 25233328.

rani is offline Administrator

AnotherMum,

Here's a list of Drs and where they deliver

Prenatal Charges and OB-GYN Fees

aussie mum is offline Registered User

unfortunately for HK the most pro-natural delivery OB, Dr Dawkins, left last year. I spoke to Annerly Midwives and they recommended Dr Sally Ferguson or Dr Ghosh - Ghosh has somewhat of a repulation for being great at C-sections. From what I understand he is still very pro-natural. If i have a third child I would consider using him as he does have a lovely bedside manner. I've had 2 natural deliveries already so can't see him talking me into a c-section unless its an emergency.
    I have had friends who have delivered with Dr Grace Cheung at Lucy Lords practice and been very happy - all natural births.

For peace of mind definitely phone the midwives at annerly. They should be able to help

Good luck.

BabyC is offline Registered User

i had dr. William So to help me on the delivery for my daughter this Feb. He is very professional and is a pro-natural OB. He did a really good job. I was in the hospital at 6am and he came to see me at 9am and kept calling the midwife to see if i am ready. he came again at 1:30pm and my daughter was born within an hour.

louloute is offline Registered User

Public are much more likely to leave you have a natural birth!
    Private wants to make money with C-section, that's why they will push you. The other reason is that if you pay a specific Obgyn by advance he will turn your natural birth to a c-section if he finds the labour too long and doesn't wish to wait !!
    Public hospital are very good, they let women have a long labour without rushing them to an unecessary c-section

If you are willing to travel for the birth of your baby and don't want specifically HK, i recommend Singapore.
    I will have a water birth with the Pr Chong Yap Seng, at NUH hospital
    I left HK 2 months ago at 7 month of pregnancy, there is no need for paying by advance for saving your chance to give birth there. They have great facilities and it's cheaper than HK (specifically as a non resident)

Feel free to PM me for more info
    good luck

louloute is offline Registered User

PS: And in Spore, they allow husbands+doula in the delivery suite and he can stay for sleeping on your room(1 bedded only though), swine flu pseudo-threat or not

anotherMum2Be is offline Registered User

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't really thought of going anywhere other than HK as I'd probably need to route through there to get to Singapore anyway and HK would be near for my husband to visit me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast