Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pregnancy boredom??

Mama moo is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for the post replies. I find it very encouraging indeed. Things have slightly improved over the past 2 weeks since I posted my forum. I've taken advice from most of you who have replied here by planning things to do, ie. go for coffee in the afternoons, walk around, excercising, shop for newborn items. Indeed I found joy shopping for my little one although he's still inside my tummy kicking and rolling around. I must admit there are times I can't wait for the pregnancy to be over but at the same time after reading a lot of childbirth plan and different stages of child labour (which makes me sort of weary too) Hence when I look at the calendar that I'm due in 3 months time, I felt I'm not ready yet!

Thanks for the heads up wasabibunny. I am pretty sure my hands will be very tied up once the baby arrives and going out will seem to be a "difficult" matter for me. I think my loneliness and boredom derives from not having the support of my family in HK with me. Since I am not working and my husband is working full-time, I spent most of the time at home alone. But having found something new to do lately - selecting & buying the essentials for my unborn, I'm pretty excited with all these new found / discover items from various sources.

Wow, I'm really impressed to hear your story Shenzennifer! Being pregnant and living in Shenzhen at the same time wasn't easy. You were right, most of the time I felt I was unable to release my frustration and loneliness by venting to my friends (who have not been through the pregnancy). Indeed I felt useless at times for not working and staying at home most of the time. My husband is the closest person I have in HK. I do feel lonely at times when he's at work but I'm replacing my loneliness by going swimming and meeting my other pregnant yoga classmates for shopping on baby items.

Ladies, thank you for all the support and advices. Much appreciated. Just a quick question - has anyone have/had Group B Strep (GBS) infection during pregnancy? If yes, how did you manage to eliminate the infection before pregnancy? Thank you so much ladies.

Mama moo

reei is offline Registered User
    i think i took the group b strep test at 32nd or 34th week of pregnancy . can't remeber. exact week but it is at the 3rd trimester definitely, weeks before. if confirmed having the infection, will go take antibiotics to eliminate them. my sis had the infection and she took antibiotics for a week or so.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Yup, I'm at my 39th week tom, and had my Strep B test about 2 weeks ago. I think if one were to test positive, you just have to let the hospital know and they can give you some medication prior to the delivery. Your doc will know what to do, don't worry :)

Mama moo is offline Registered User
    thanks for the reply reei and obiwan.

i've discovered i have the group b strep infection during my 2nd trimester. i did the swab test thrice. my doctor prescribed a week of antibiotics for me and my husband to take each time after the test came back as positive. however the infection doesn't seem to be going away which worries both my husband and myself as i approach to my last trimester soon. i'm also taking probiotics and eating natural yoghurt, hoping to reduce the infection.

i'm planning to have natural labour. my doctor laid out the possibility of contracting pneumonia or meningitis if the baby is delivered via vaginal labour but reassured us that it's only a minor problem by taking antibiotics shot before labour. if i'm doing an elective c-section, the chances of the baby getting pneumonia or meningitis would be lower. i'm therefore still considering whether to do a natural birth or c-section.

hey obiwan, sounds like you're in full-term soon and the baby will be arriving soon! congratulations! how are you feeling? excited? well prepared? trust all is well with you and the little one. take care.

staargrl is offline Registered User
    ahh! the grass is always greener.. i'm still working (at 6 mos) but it's fam business so i guess it's more flexible than work-work...

but i do wish sometimes i could stay at home as it's definitely a LUXURY! enjoy your time now, b/c i've heard from friends that afterwards you won't have any more personal time!

also, perhaps you can find a hobby- or something to keep you busy? and i agree with the ladies above- perhaps check out the other forumns, there are due date clubs which have get togethers- there's one this weekend for mommies due in nov! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12