Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New born diapers recommendation

MamaC is offline Registered User

New born diapers recommendation

Dear all,I'm a first time parent,so any one have recommendation for new born diapers,Have anyone tried Goo.N japanese diaper???And how many pack do I need to stock up as I'll be staying home for a month.thx alot...

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I love Swaddlers for a newborn. Goo.N are terribly overpriced in HK from what I have seen.
    I used about 8-10 diapers a day at the beginning from what I remember. I would buy at least 3-4 packs if you`re planning on staying home.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    We just used NB size Huggies at the start. Agree that you are going through about 8 - 10 a day. We switched to reuseable nappies at 6 weeks as it was heartbreaking to see the amount of rubbish that many nappies produces. Our 17 month old is still in the reuseable ones (except for his overnight nappy).

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I agree, it`s such a terrible waste. If I had a helper, I would consider cloth diapers. But that`s the last thing I had time for or desire to clean:) yuck.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi Shenzhennifer - it is a bit yuck (we didn't have a helper to start with and we still do a load of nappies on Sundays now when she is off) but it is ok. Much easier once the babies are on solids. We just keep the mucky ones in a bucket with a lid on and when we have a bucket full (about 8) we put them all in the wash. Only the poopy ones need a spray rinse as soon as you change the baby. The problem I find with the reuseable ones is more that you can't use nappy cream with them as it stops the absorbancy. So if they have a rash then you need to move back to disposables. Otherwise we have been very happy with them. Not cheap to outlay for them but they last a while. The ones we have are called Bum Genius and they are the shaped ones. One size that has poppers to expand them from newborn to 2 - 3 years.

SB2

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    They have organic/natural diapers at 360 if you are into that. Personally I use clothem for the daytime and natural diapers for night time.

Manda is offline Registered User
    goons leaked for my little boy. my best experience has been with merries. LOVE merries. they are very soft and no leaks. swaddlers are also good for newborns.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I've done the reusables too - the BumGenius as well. In terms of cost, I think it's still definitely more expensive - those are EXPENSIVE nappies!! I got 12, and I now use them all the time when we're at home. I wash when I've got about 8-10 of them. I rinse them and put them in a bucket. And I use the flushable liners (mioliners??) so if there's any poop, I can just put it all in the toilet and flush!! Before she was on solids, the poop would go through the liner and I'd have to scrub a bit, but now that she's on solids, sometimes the poop doesn't even leave a mark on the nappy. It's soooo easy! So much easier than I imagined. But I worked out, you'd have to use them something like 1-200 times each to EQUAL the cost of disposables. So for 12 like I have, that's up to 2400 nappy changes. I'm sure you'd get there eventually, particularly if you use them for more than one child. But stupid me bought pink, not thinking about that!! Ah well, it's cute for my girl ;)

Anyways - all the diapers I've used before she started solids leaked at least once, even the swaddlers. I wasn't that impressed with swaddlers really. It gets heaps easier after they start solids, much easier to clean!! But then it gets harder again when they decide to crawl away in the middle of nappy-change time ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast