Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

C-section at QMH

Matty is offline Registered User
    Don't forget, the policies for an emergency c-section and a scheduled c-section will be very different.

papa2b is offline Registered User
    I'd like to chime into this thread as a father. My wife underwent a emergency C-section at QMH almost 3 months ago, and truth be told, it was an excellent experience considering what we went through.

The doctors and nurses were extremely professional, and followed our birth plan as far as possible. Once the baby was out, the baby was brought to the mothers chest and stayed with mother as she was being stitched up and only then was transferred down to the ward. Mum staying in a post-op room for about 2 hours and was brought down to the ward.

The nurses in the ward are a mixed lot, however, i found if you treated them well, they would treat you very well also - simple really. I saw some other expat couples really give a hard time to the nursing staff, and i know for sure they didn't get the level of attention that we did.

The plus side of QMH is that they really encourage breast feeding and in a way force you to look after your baby - so that you gain the confidence that you need. I had friends who after delivering in Matilda, got home, didn't know how to look after the baby, panicked and returned back to Matilda!

Our original plan was to deliver in Matilda, however, on reflection, I think the experience at QMH was in many ways far superior to our experiences at Matilda.

The only downside - THE FOOD! But we had meals delivered to us daily from various restaurants etc.

Maddy is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for your replies. papa2b your post was reassuring, thank you!

I'm still eager to hear from anyone who has had a planned c-section at QMH, as Matty said some of the policies would be different and it would be great to know what has and hasn't been accommodated by the staff at QMH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12