Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Where to start?

1stimemum is offline Registered User

Where to start?

Hi all, I'm trying to get started on getting all the things i need for babe's arrival and have downloaded the newborn checklist from the site (thanks Geobaby!) and frankly staring at the list made me a little panicky!

Is there a good place to buy almost everything? I went to Mothercare in Prince's building and it was so tiny... Stopped by Eugene's too and frankly i was appalled... staff there looked so bored and more busy chit chatting then helping customers...

if anyone can point me in the right direction to get started, I want to start
    with the Stroller, Cot, Grobag, Swaddle blanket.

thanks all.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Bumps to Babes in Central is also not bad and has most Western imports. But Mothercare, Eugene Clube and Bumps to Babes are the big ones in HK. Which mothercare did you go to? I believe the one in Causeway Bay is quite a bit roomier. You can check out the 2nd floor of Lee Gardens Two. There are some baby stores there. I think you expectations might be a little unrealistic for HK baby shopping.

nino is offline Registered User

For Grobags, I think Bumps to Babes and Mothercare sell the "Grobag" brand (there are other sleep sacks, but I'm not sure about brands). We bought our cot at Ikea - it is small, simple, converts to a toddler bed and all the bedding can also be purchased at Ikea. Also, there was no wait, delivered the next week.
    We bought our swaddling blankets and one stoller at Eugene Club (other strollers were bought second hand). I've found the employees at Eugene Club can be helpful if you approach them.
    Good luck!!

1stimemum is offline Registered User

thanks, I will try Bumps to Babes next and maybe a larger Mothercare store. the one in Prince's building seemed to be under reno and was tiny!
    I never thought of Ikea. yet one more to check out.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I went to Mothercare in Ocean Terminal to get most of the stuff we needed (the basics anyway). Eugene was cheaper for things like bottles and baby monitor. Bumps to Babes have some lovely things but a bit fancier. Mothercare is great but agree, Princes Building one is quite small. Think they are moving across the way into a new (hopefully bigger) store.

Mothercare Ocean Terminal - good range of strollers, swaddle blanket (the miracle one is great) - Bumps to Babes have a good range of swaddles too

Cots - basement of Ocean Terminal have a few baby stores to check cots. We bought ours overseas. Always lots on AsiaXPat for sale second hand. Have also heard good things about Ikea cots.

Eugene - I am with you on the staff - terrible. Had to wait at the counter while 5 staff chatted and only 1 served the customer in front of me!

Michelle2009 is offline Registered User

It looks like the Mothercare in Prince's Bldg in Central will have a slightly bigger store from mid-August onwards...or so the sign says outside.

Our first baby is due in October and I have started buying most things from Mothercare (Ocean Terminal is good if you go early enough to avoid the crowds, esp at weekends), Bumps to Babes and also I find M&S good for babies clothing.

I also went to Ikea in Shatin last Sat to look at a cot which was in their catelog, but unfortunately, they don't have any cots on display in that store.

rani is offline Administrator

We also sell Grobags on ShopinHK

http://www.shopinhk.com/sleeping-bags-c-19.html

@dorable is offline Registered User

definately reccommend gro-bags... we had trouble with our lil one waking up in the night and after a friend suggesting these, they did the trick!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast