Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

ESF - which pre-nursery to go?

gins is offline Registered User

ESF - which pre-nursery to go?

If I want my kid to go to an ESF for K1, which pre-nursery should I send my kid to for a higher chance to get into ESF K1? Tutor Time? Sunshine House? Victoria?

Thanks!!

Neha is offline Banned
    Really doesnt matter. It is all a matter of luck. If u fall in the category 1 then they draw lots. They dont interview kids so u dont have to worry. Also ESF Kindy stresses more on the social aspect of your child's education so dont worry about which pre nursery your kid goes to.

Best of luck

gins is offline Registered User
    oh really? So there's no interview for K1 entry? Is it very competitive to get in?

Neha is offline Banned
    it all depends upon how many applications they. Also which kindy u are applying to. We applied last year in October for this year intake and we got our call in the 1st lot in December and we had the school tour and met the principal in Jan and had 10 days to confirm if we accept their offer and pay the deposit. Nothing else.Last year the prinicpal told us that they havd 80 seats( 40 for am session and 40 for pm session) for k1 and they reced 240 applications. They sorted the application according to priority and then each application was given a no randomly by the computer and then they decided that this year all odd nos get am and even pm. That is how the system works. If u reject their offer then they will offer your seat to the person next in line. So u can technically get your acceptance later till May.

Again check their website and find how many seats are available in the kindy u are applying.

babylicious is offline Registered User
    They have a 2 tier system - kids from families that do not speak Chinese get first priority. If you fall into this category, it's unlikely that you won't get your child in. If you fall out of this category, I'm not sure how they select.
    I applied in May and was accepted a week later.
    Hope that helps.