Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sentosa Resort and Spa - any reviews?

jaetee is offline Registered User

Sentosa Resort and Spa - any reviews?

We are going to Singapore and will be staying in Sentosa. We are trying to decide between the Shangri-la Rasa Resort and the Sentosa Resort and Spa (the Shangri-la is more expensive).

Has anyone stayed at the Sentosa Resort and Spa recently? Is it close to the beach, and is the 300-step wooden staircase navigable on a daily basis with a 2yo?

Finally how is the beach there - is it clean enough for a baby to play in the sand and water? And are there a lot of sand flies?

Thanks. :)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Yep, we were there last September when our son was 9 months old. I think it depends what you prefer in terms of hotels. The Shangri La is huge, but right on the beach - i am sure there are tons of families too as it's right next to the aquarium. Our son is now 20 months so being right on the beach might now be more ideal, but we loved the hotel and of course the SPA! :)

We personally prefer smaller hotels that feel more intimate. Sentosa Resort is close to the beach - there's a shuttle or you can walk there...there are bunch of stairs (yes, the 300 one you mentioned) that you have to walk down (then up again) to get to it. Our son explored the sand, but he was just 9 months then so we didn't put him in the water, just the gorgeous pool then had there. There were lots of families on the beach though...not sure if then went in with their kids.

We actually loved the Sentosa Resort. They were great with our son - allowing us to heat his food up, always had a highchair ready and were accomodating with our requests.

I think you'll be safe with either one and you'll have a great time!

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the advice and comments, I really appreciate them and they are very very helpful.

Thank you again. :)