Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

My Boy is drinking very little milk at 9 months

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

My Boy is drinking very little milk at 9 months

Help... I am very worry my boy is drinking very little milk at 9 months. In the morning he would have biscuits & egg yolk. In the afternoon I give him cereals and evening he would have pasta or porridge with vegetable.

Problem is in between all these solids he drinks very little milk. He only takes about 2 - 3 oz each time.

Is it normal ? I am also very concern becuase at his age he seem to have too many teeth, he has a total of 8 now. 4 on the top & 4 on the bottom.

I am really worry about him not having enough milk.

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Hi Jaz, My boy also drinks very little milk in general. He was drinking 15-18 oz sometimes when the recommendation was 24-32oz. I was really really worried as well. Dr told me not to worry- that he has more adult taste and its completely normal for some kids to reduce their milk intake a lot. She asked me to mix formula in with oatmeal and rice/porridge to increase the intake which would constitute about 4-6oz right there. And she said to increase the solids if he will have it- its alright.

Also, is he very hungry as soon as he gets up? Thats the best time to get the max amount of milk in one shot- for my son, 5-6 oz would be max when really hungry. He is on GF routines- he gets a milk feed at 6am (6oz), 2:30pm(5 oz) and then at 6:30pm(5 oz, if he does not take it- then I give him a dream feed just to be sure- and sometimes he still refuses- then oh well...I tried). At 10 months, I still add about 2 oz of formula in his oatmeal.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    That is really fine. My son is now 2.5. when he was your son's age, he drinks almost the same as yours or lesser, 4-5oz am, 4ozpm and 2-3oz night or non. just give him a little cheese and yogurt or add butter in your cooking for his solid. Really, no worry at all. my son is healthy, growing well (not fat) and like every mom says about their kids, SMART and speak REALLY WELL :D

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Yeah... milk products are a great way to sneak in milk. My son will easily have 2-3 cubes of cheese. Forgot to mention- he is very active and almost ready to walk ahead of most of his peers (that too girls) who are supposed to be ready earlier and who drink their milk very well!;) ha ha...

Re: teeth, i think the speed at which they come out and number are hereditary. My son barely has one at 10 mo.- both my husband and I got them very late too.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Teething varies from child to child, 8 is completely normal for some at a young age. My first one had 4-6 teeth by 6 months and a mouthful by 9 months. My son has none yet at 6 months.