Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Dr Alexander Doo and Dr Patrick Chan

Monty is offline Registered User
    Hi Cocol,

The details you supplied for Dr. Patrick Chan are correct. His office is in Tak Shing House in Central.

I too am one of his patients and really like him. Like others have said, I find him very approachable and empathetic. I do find him very cautious and conservative but after my first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, I was keen to see a doctor that took my fears about being pregnant again seriously.

Hope you find him as wonderful as so many of us here already do!

mkimber is offline Registered User

Dr. Doo's Practice... don't believe all the hype you read on the forums.

Hi, I tried Dr. Doo August 2010 and it was a pretty awful experience. Maybe HK Doctors are really into money, but every time I went there, the wait was more than 1 hour long. Several women complained about this. When I told this to Dr. Doo, he just shrugged it off as part of the practice. I find it extremely callous to expect expectant mothers to wait that long in a small room like that. How disrespectual of other ppl's time. I even asked other patients in the room because I thought maybe I was unlucky, but no, every one had the same complaint. And then when I wanted to transfer to another Dr. they wanted to charge me 200HKD for copying a few pages of notes!

I think it is sad when Drs are so driven by money (I spent more than 8700 HKD during two routine visits) that all they care is profits.

What a sad situation. I changed to another Dr.

Just know that if you go there, you will have to wait a lot. If you have 8 prenatal visits, you are going to spend 8 hours in the waiting room.

mkimber is offline Registered User
    Don't believe all the hype you read on the expat forums...

I tried Dr. Doo and it was a pretty awful experience. Maybe HK Doctors are really into money, but every time I went there, the wait was more than 1 hour long. Several women complained about this. When I told this to Dr. Doo, he just shrugged it off as part of the practice. I find it extremely callous to expect expectant mothers to wait that long in a small room like that. How disrespectual of other ppl's time. I even asked other patients in the room because I thought maybe I was unlucky, but no, every one had the same complaint. And then when I wanted to transfer to another Dr. they wanted to charge me 200HKD for copying a few pages of notes!

I think it is sad when Drs are so driven by money (I spent more than 8700 HKD during two routine visits) that all they care is profits.

What a sad situation. I changed to another Dr.

Just know that if you go there, you will have to wait a lot. If you have 8 prenatal visits, you are going to spend 8 hours in the waiting room. Know he is those "expat" doctors....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123