- 08-15-2009, 05:13 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
Interesting quote from an article:
What does all this mean for parents? Does your research have any guidance for raising children?
One takeaway is that the billion-dollar industry of quote-unquote educational toys that are supposed to make your baby smarter is a boondoggle. There's no evidence that any of those things make a difference. Children are learning the way that other people's minds work, which is much more important to learn than even letters and numbers. I'm afraid the parenting advice to come out of developmental psychology is very boring: pay attention to your kids and love them.
The article is here: Child Psychology: A New Look Inside Babies' Minds
- By reei in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 09-10-2009, 10:38 AM
- By yuukalim0404 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 4Last Post: 04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
- By talk2amy in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 07-20-2007, 06:33 PM
- By Dim Sum in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
- By carla in forum EducationReplies: 1Last Post: 04-21-2004, 06:38 PM