Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Polycystic Ovaries

dipster is offline Registered User

Polycystic Ovaries

I have been recently diagnosed with Polycystic ovaries. We have been trying for a baby but my periods are slightly irregular. My doctor had asked me to monitor my ovulation from 14th day using the ovulation kit..i didn that from the 14th day to 25th day to be on the safe side...but no results....Can anyone please advise till when should one continue doing the ovulation test?

risaemail is offline Registered User

this link might help

Ovulation Testing: How Ovulation Predictor Kits Work | Ovulation Calculator
    above link might help. If you are not sure, just ring the clinic and ask for advice. I am sure you can get some support over the telephone.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    you can keep going until you get your period but also bear in mind that with PCOS you may not ovulate every month.
    I have severe PCOS and was getting my period every 65-77 days. and definitely not ovulating most months.
    I have started on a strict low carb diet, increased exercise and Metformin. I have been on it for 2 months now and this month ovulated on day 20.
    using ovulation predicator kits is very expensive. I have given up on them but when i noticed egg white cervical mucus I used one and it was positive. to save $$ try and use other methods for identifying ovulation as well.

dipster is offline Registered User
    Thanks Aussie Mum.
    I got my HCG test for fallopian tubes done 3 months back and my periods have been regular since 2 cycles.Have heard that helps 'clear up' the system. This may sound stupid...but if i m getting my periods which means i m definitely ovulating right? This cycle too i tried with the ovulation kit but so far no luck..i also go by the cervical discharge and tested but no luck....had spoken to my doc..said may be the LH surge isn't high to be detected...i m so confused!!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Maybe you could make more tests, blood tests, at day 2, day 14, day 21... which are supposed to be important days in a regular cycle, as well as a scan, which could read how many follicles you have and their maturity. This would tell you more about your hormone levels than a "may be" from the doctor.
    good luck !

ninahudd is offline Registered User

Polycystic ovaries

did you get pregnant?
    I have PCO amd have been on hormmone drugs to stimulate ovulation but they have been giving me ovearian cysts - very painful and worst around ovulation so it is painful to have sex - crazy!!!!!

Did the low carb and exercise work?

Anyone else got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    I may have PCOS (some doctors say yes, some doctors say no)... anyway, the truth is that I don't seem to ovulate on my own.

I got pregnant in 3 occasions under Clomiphene. 1st time ended in miscarriage, 2nd time in PMP, and this 3rd time (under Clomiphene 150mg) baby finally seems to be fine. I am currently 30 weeks pregnant.

I didn't have much symptoms when I took Clomid the 1st 2 times. However, this last time, I was feeling pretty bad and dizzy after taking it. It also gave me some bad cramps that I thought was AF related.... Lucky that I got pregnant on the 2nd cycle under that medication.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    I had PCOS. Didn't take drugs. Tried to sort it out naturally. Now pregnant with No. 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast