Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help! Second time pregnancy back agony :(

mela is offline Registered User
    I had really bad back pain and spent at least two weeks not being able to move feeling paralised waist down - I went to see an osteopath in Lauren and Bramley clinic (you can find their number in the directory) His name is Damien Moulic and he is a true miracle worker - two sessions and I was able to move again! He sees a lot of pregnant women and is very familiar with problems they face. Good luck

mela is offline Registered User

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Try Dr. Philip Clarke at Balance Health on the 27th floor of the universal trade centre. He's an osteopath from the UK and he's GREAT! There are also 2 other equally amazing osteos-Ben and Elaine!

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    Wow, thank you everyone for your kind input!

Plumtree, thank you for the SPD information -- groin pain is definitely another horrid symptom I've been experiencing. My pelvis too feels like its split right down the middle sometimes! Would you recommend me going straight to a physio? Any contact details would be duly appreciated.

I think I'll check with a physio first and see if I have SPD, if not I'll go to a chiropractor. Im dreading the MCHC tomorrow and may not mention it until I've seen a private doctor simply because the govt gynae at my local clinic gives me the heebie jeebies ;).

Thank you all for the support and taking the time to suggest something. Im off to bed with a hot water bottle!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi Nashua Yes, snap! My pelvis sometimes feels like it's being split down the middle too! Horrible feeling, isn't it?!! Try Physiomotion in Duddel St, Central 2525 8168 to see the 2 partners there, Abby or Panda. You might feel worse immediately after the physio (while your pelvis is adjusting to being "reset") but I don't think I'd be walking without the physio!

In the meantime, sleep with a pillow between your legs and try to keep your knees together and pelvis aligned when getting up or moving about. Very best wishes! PM me if you want to chat.

carang is offline Registered User
    nash, when i was pregnant with my first, my husband gave me the LEAST romantic present imaginable! it was an electric heating pad! it was the LEAST romantic, BUT it has been the MOST useful present ever given!

it just clunked out on me two days ago and hubby went to wing on and got me another one. it was about $600, but it is TOTALLY worth it! i use it with menstrual cramps, my kids ask for it when they have a tummy ache etc. i would NOT have made it through my two pregnancies with out it!!!

maybe ask hubby to head to WING ON to pick one up?

alexserene is offline Registered User
    Hi Thanka2
    Could you pls PM me your chiropractor. I've had this pain at my right shoulder blade and lower back for 2 wks now that just won't go away. Strangely, it comes about since i started swimming 2 wks ago. I'm now 25 wks pregnant. This pain is causing me great discomfort in last 2 wks and i can't sleep well at all.......please to hear from you soon.
    cheers
    serene

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12