Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to start...after a year??

MishL is offline Registered User

Where to start...after a year??

Hi there
    I'm very new to this forum and very new to Hong Kong. My husband and I have been TTC for about a year with no success. This is a little long winded but...I've tried the ovulation sticks (OPKs) and all seems regular and fine from that perspective. I'm amazingly regular with my cycles. (and I'm 33)When it didn't happen even when we arrived here (I thought maybe something in the HK water might trigger something?) I ordered a male fertility test online. He did it yesterday, finally and it seems he came in under the "normal mark". This has kind of unsettled us...

Can anyone recommend what to do next? Maybe a fertility doctor or similar? Should we try homeopathic remedies first? Has anyone tried these home tests before and do you know if they are accurate?

thank you, Mish.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    To put your mind at ease, try seeing a fertility doctor first to get a few tests done. It may have something to do with a female hormonal imbalance or PCOS, etc. The quicker you work something out, the less frustrated you'll feel. I went through for a year without success and after a few sessions of acupuncture, we got lucky.

rani is offline Administrator
    Welcome to HK!

Agree with Fingerscrossed, best to see a Dr and get some basic tests done, hormones, and make sure your tubes are fine.

Here's a list of Drs in HK

Hong Kong - Gynecologists

Dr Derek Lo is a lovely Dr.

Good luck and hope HK waters will trigger something.

Thank you so much for your replies. It's very nice of you to take the time to help.

I've just made an appointment with Dr Lo (thank you!) and I am interested to try acupuncture in conjunction with the other tests. Do you know where to go for acupuncture?

thank you

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    It may just take your body a while to adjust to a new life / new country / stress levels etc etc - dont stress too much and good luck at the docs

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Agree with all the above :) Best to put your mind at ease first with a visit to a doctor. I remember my OBGYN telling me that it's perfectly normal to take 6 months to a year (or longer) to conceive, even with the right ovulation dates.

So don't fret MishL! Good luck.

Hi there
    So to update you... we went and saw Dr Lo and thanks for the recommendation, he has been great. To cut a long story short, we did find a problem which was fairly distressing to start with. We've already moved straight to IUI. Today in fact.
    So a lot to take in - within three months, we've moved countries, discovered we're technically infertile and started IUI - very full on.
    Thanks for your support. Mish x

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    I'm sure we will be hearing good news from you soon MishL :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast