Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cheapest place to buy diapers?

Koan is offline Registered User
    We use(d) (DS is mostly daytime potty trained now) cloth nappies (modern style) and I haven't found them too hot.

I think they're actually better than sposies because the cloth allows for better airflow which keeps baby's bum cooler. We use bumgenius, fuzzi bunz, haute pockets and a few others, as well as some organic cotton and bamboo dipes.

yonge is offline Registered User

BabyLove & PetPet

Both of these are made by Dispo and usually costs about HK$1 per diaper for M size. The latter is available at ParkNShop and the former at local pharmacies. BabyLove is plastic lined, so great for going out while PetPet has a more breathable cloth-like exterior. My children both have sensitive skin, but were fine with either.

papahk is offline Registered User
    we also use PetPet...very absorbent and well sealed, and low cost (HK$70 for 60 L diapers)

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Has anyone used those cheap brands from Welcome, or Mannings? I saw that they just cost half of the price of Pampers or Huggies.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User
    I used to use Sealer in New Zealand. We can get heaps of imported brands there and our mums group found Sealer to be one of the best. Am using cloth nappies now (and loving it) but will definitely go find the Sealers for the occassional time we use dispos - like when travelling.

mosmom is offline Registered User
    Gataloca
    I'm using Mannings brand diapers for my 10-m-old for the day (light blue packaging). They work great! No leakage so far, and we've been using them for about 2 months now. One pack costs around 55$! At night, however, I like to use Huggies or Pampers, as I've experience with these brands that they're "leak-free" all night ;)

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Thanks Mosmom. I was thinking about trying those, specially when the baby is newborn. I heard that they mostly sleep and don't move a lot, so I guess it should be fine...

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Actually, before the baby is eating solids, their poop is very runny and prone to leaking. Until my daughter was eating solids, we had leaks in every kind of nappy that we used (always poop leakage) but once they start solids, it firms up and doesn't leak any more. Nappies are SO much easier then!! I think it's more important to have good nappies before 6 months of age - after 6 months, it doesn't matter so much...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast