Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Recent experience at Adventist hospital

cary is offline Registered User

Recent experience at Adventist hospital

Can anyone share your recent experience at Adventist? I had my first baby born 2 years ago there and my experience was excellent - in terms of the quiet environment and the caring nurses. But I recently read some threads that Adventist has been bad and some people even requested for deposit refund. I am having my 2nd one expecting in Nov. Please share your experience. Thanks.

sorchului is offline Registered User
    Hi Cary,

I gave birth at Adventist early this year and it was great. The environment, staffs and food were great! I wonder why some people requested for deposit refund....

staargrl is offline Registered User
    i'm curious to what "bad experiences" ppl had too- i'm scheduled to deliver at hk adventist as well in nov, though have only heard good things.

meimei is offline Registered User
    I didn't have good experience there at all. I think esp. if you want to breast feed. I told them I solely want to breast feed my baby. They are not very concern about how often you want to feed your baby. I think the key to breast feed successfully is to let baby latch on as often as possible in the beginning. So I requested them to bring in my baby every 2 hours. They are always late and in the middle of the night they never bring in my baby as I asked them to. When I complained about it, the nurse said to me why don't you keep your baby in your room 24 hours. I said what about changing nappy and swaddling the baby. She said I'll teach you and you can do it all on your own! What a mean nurse! Also I tried to go into the nursery once and they were having a shift change and one of the nurse said to me, when we are having a meeting don't come into the nursery! I was so upset because I was anxious to feed my baby. I complained to the head nurse but I think they don't really care. They are very disorganized and don't really support breastfeeding. I was very disappointed when I leave the hospital.

nino is offline Registered User
    I delivered at Adventist in October 2008 and my experience was a nightmare. I delivered by C-section and was roomed on the surgery ward instead of the maternity ward. I didn't see my daughter until 12 + hours after delivery. I stressed that I wanted to breastfeed, however, since I couldn't move and they would not bring my baby up to me, I did not have a chance to try until the next day and we were pushed to give her formula. We were given many different excuses and promises by several different staff regarding the situation.
    Apparently, the day I delivered was very busy, however, this is not an excuse for the treatment I received; we didn't even get an explanation of what was happening or why. I will not be returning to Adventist in the future.

carang is offline Registered User
    "I said what about changing nappy and swaddling the baby. She said I'll teach you and you can do it all on your own! What a mean nurse!"

mean to suggest that she teach you what to do so that you feel comfortable and confident doing it yourself? i don't think so.

josoo is offline Registered User

Recent experience at Adventist Hospital

I had a very pleasant experience at The Adventist and was there recently for my second baby - both c-sections. Its often hard to gage what is a good experience and what is not, it's a very personal experience.

Afterall I went in without many expectations and walked out feeling rather content, because both my babies were healthy.

Lozz83 is offline Registered User
    I delivered my son at Adventist in July 2008 via c-section and had a great experience.

The nurses were lovely and took a lot of time showing me how to bathe, feed, swaddle my son. I had a lot of difficulty breast feeding at the start and they were more than happy to sit down with me for hours on end until I was successful.

You do run the risk of not getting the room you want or even to be in the obstetric ward in all private hospitals here in HK - it is not just an Adventist thing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast