Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which is your child's favourite toy?

geomum is offline Registered User

Which is your child's favourite toy?

My 18 month old daughter isn't particularly fond of toys that I buy for her, she would rather go through drawers and cabinets to entertain herself. She definitely gets attracted to toys at her friends' homes or her playschool or anywhere else for that matter, but if I buy the same thing for her she wont play with it at home. So just hoping to get some ideas on what to buy for her next time we go shopping, what is your child's favourite toy as of now?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Good thread. My son is only 7.5 months, but thought I would answer.
    His favourite toy (maybe) is Combi cups. He can amuse himself for a while with that.
    Otherwise he like eyeglasses and remotes.

Neha is offline Banned
    cars, trucks, trains, planes anything with wheels he could spend hours playing.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Anything she can push or anything with a zip. I use an old toiletry bag or handbag and put things in there for her to find. She spends hours pulling things out and putting them back in and she also likes to put the bags over her shoulder!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I have a 21 mo son... so it's cars, trains, planes, and puzzles and books. He also loves all the cups and spoons in the kitchen, so I've put some on his height. He is playing now with some toys bought a few months ago, so I just leave them in his big box.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I agree with PP - what a great, fun thread (although maybe not so much for OP as it can be frustrating spending good money for something only to have it discarded).

I had the same problem for a while, it is getting better now as she is older. Once I stopped trying to fit her into a mold (and I am NOT saying anyone here is, just that I did 'loosely') - I tried to look at what she loved = animals. So we have about 15 'cats' of all varieties (soft, hard, books - you name it) and 7 or 8 stuffed dogs and she happily plays with those.

I now only wish the younger one had the same 'obsession', she doesn't appear to be attracted to anything yet that I can say "ah, that toy would be perfect". So some things are not always easier the second time after all.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I have a 20 mth boy, and so he's into anything vehicle related: cars, trucks, motorbikes. He's also into (under supervision!) salvaged old electronic parts, e.g. remote controls, old mice...his favourite is an old telephone we were going to throw out.

He also likes collecting seeds and stones and storing them in a little tin. He has a collection of plastic bugs and some toy animals that go for rides in his cars. Some stuffed animals (dogs, monkeys) that he has tea parties with and that also go for rides on his cars!

Great thread!

NYCMel is offline Registered User
    My 20th month year old son loves keys, all musical instruments, books (Scary Green Monster, Brown Bear, Brown Bear and That's Not My Car), pots, spoons/whisks and pebbles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast