Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: How many square feet is your apartment? (gross amount)

81. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 600

2 2.47%
  • 600-799

12 14.81%
  • 800-999

8 9.88%
  • 1000-1299

16 19.75%
  • 1300-1599

14 17.28%
  • 1600 plus

29 35.80%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

What size is your apartment?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg9192 View Post
    3br, 2ba, 130 m2 (gross) 120 m2 net in Shenzhen's Futian district.

Glad I bought, but wish I had bought larger when the prices were low 4 years ago. Just converted study into a bedroom.

The apartment complex has a decent enough playground to get the kids and nanny out, but still is not the best place for quiet.
    I actually miss my SZ apartment. 85 sq m, 2 balconeys, nice open space. And being on the 24th floor was a lot quieter than here on the 12th - we cannot even open our windows!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    1900 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom - stanley region.

staargrl is offline Registered User
    we live in mei foo on the kl side which is nice b/c there's the park right downstairs (lai chi kok park)... but our place is pretty spacious, for hk, 1800sqft... though i still miss living in the states in a full house with a yard/garages etc.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    220 sq m duplex with 60 sq m rooftop terrace, Shanghai

Our apt is fantastic, we bought it so it's done up to our expectations, with heated floor, it can get so cold here in shanghai!

If I ever have to move to HK, I wonder how much I would need to pay for an apartment like that??!!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Your question got me thinking. We aren't quite sure what our flat's size is. Landlord says its 700-square feet but he is likely counting the stairwell and the balcony. We figure that the actual living space of our flat is no bigger than 500-square feet. It's a tight space but because we live in a village house, we also have access to the roof where we wash our clothes and hang them and the top of the stairwell has a space where we have a tiny bit of storage. Right now we have three adults and a toddler living here.

I'm thankful to have a house to live in as at one point, while I was pregnant, my husband and I were renting a room that was about 80 square feet where the toilette/shower was separated from the sleeping/eating area by a curtain and the sink/counter area was inside the sleeping area. That was our home at that time. Now at least we have our own kitchen, even if it only fits one person at a time.

We will probably be renting the flat below us as well as our neighbors are moving out in October and then we'll have some room for my husband to have an office/study and for the an additional adult who is moving in with us as well as a helper when she arrives.

But, let's just say it's a huge adjustment for me as I grew up in a 2-story house with a finished basement that included 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry room and a huge fenced back yard that--in all our place filled 1/2 of a city block! And this was by no means a "luxury" setup--just normal home-size for where I lived at. So, my house was probably 3000+ square feet. But, by far what I miss is the trees, flowers and grass that surrounded the house--something that is unimaginable in HK!
    Last edited by thanka2; 08-31-2009 at 12:46 AM.

ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong
    We also have a tiny flat. It's 518sq ft, 2 br, 1 ba, tiny kitchen. Dh and I are able to fit a queen bed and the computer desk in our room, and the girls have bunkbeds and a wardrobe and a small bookshelf in theirs. I would LOVE to move to a bigger flat, but I think we're stuck here for awhile longer. The only reason we'd really move is if baby #3 came along eventually. I also grew up in a big (2500sq ft) house with a large backyard, so this has been a huge adjustment for me.
    All the best,

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    Our place is just 780 square feet. We have no housing allowance or expat package. My hubby is local - but more well-off than the "average Joe Wong" (as someone said!!). His dad lives alone in a place around 1600 square feet. When I compare ourselves to some of the other expats whose houses I've visited, I have to try not to be jealous!! But I have plenty of local friends who live in shoeboxes with their extended family - so I can't be ungrateful for what we DO have... Our place, while tight, is enough for my husband, daughter and me. And I know that if we NEEDED more space, we could always move further out and get it that way...

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    We used to love in a 1650 sqft apartment in an olde rbuilding moved to smaller house 1100 sq ft in a newer building with a pool a, gym and a play area for our son. Though the new aprt is smaller( we are hoarders ) but we are glad as our son really uses the play area everyday and pools during the summer and with a new helper we are happier to keep him close. Back home we have a 14000 sf ft house which we will be moving back next year

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast