Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: How many square feet is your apartment? (gross amount)

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 600

2 2.47%
  • 600-799

12 14.81%
  • 800-999

8 9.88%
  • 1000-1299

16 19.75%
  • 1300-1599

14 17.28%
  • 1600 plus

29 35.80%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

What size is your apartment?

loveask is offline Registered User
    14000 sq ft??? Wow, I can't even imagine how big that must be... =)

Neha is offline Banned
    Yes quite big 7000 is just the garden so when we go back for a vacation our son has such a good time

akachan is offline Registered User
    My God! After seeing the sizes of some of your guys' apartments I am starting to think that my company must be the stingiest foreign company in HK!! lol Our place is 780 in TST and we are worried about what to do when the baby arrives.

carang is offline Registered User
    if you choose to live in a place like TST, you are going to pay for it. just like those who choose to live in Mid-levels or Southside.

We choose to pay a lot less and live A LOT further away. for us, it is the right choice, but it's not for everyone.

monte is offline Registered User
    Another expat here *without* a housing allowance. We just moved from a 575 sq ft place to 700 sq. ft, and the extra space is wonderful! There's just 3 of us, my hubby, son and myself. We know we could get more space if we moved further out, but to us, the time my hubby gets with our son is too important, and if he had a long commute he would miss out in the evenings.

We moved from a huge 4-bedroom farmhouse back home, and while I miss the yard and porch so much, I have to say I've been pleased to see how comfortably we can live in a small space. We hope to build a little lake cabin someday, and we think these apartments are great practice for that!
    What I miss most, though, is the ability to cook with friends--just no room in the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    if you choose to live in a place like TST, you are going to pay for it. just like those who choose to live in Mid-levels or Southside.

We choose to pay a lot less and live A LOT further away. for us, it is the right choice, but it's not for everyone.
    We wanted to live in Sai Kung originally, just couldn't afford it! And then you need to buy a car, etc.

But more space would certainly be nice. And fresh(er) air!

carang is offline Registered User
    i live in sai kung. i would be curious as to compare your rent vs ours. yes, we need a car but a second hand car can be very cheap (i'm talking less than $10K). we have two free car parks included with our house... yes, HOUSE...

ps> we pay less than $17k/month rent for our 2100'. we have 5 bedrooms, a rooftop AND a garden. BUT, we are WAYYYYYY out in the boonies... Sai kung town is a 15minute drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    i live in sai kung. i would be curious as to compare your rent vs ours. yes, we need a car but a second hand car can be very cheap (i'm talking less than $10K). we have two free car parks included with our house... yes, HOUSE...

ps> we pay less than $17k/month rent for our 2100'. we have 5 bedrooms, a rooftop AND a garden. BUT, we are WAYYYYYY out in the boonies... Sai kung town is a 15minute drive away.
    Wow, that is awesome. We pay 15K for 780' flat in TST. A rooftop and a garden would be wonderful. Definitely something to consider if we stay much longer in HK.

Thanks for the insight, carang!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast