Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: How many square feet is your apartment? (gross amount)

81. You may not vote on this poll
  • under 600

2 2.47%
  • 600-799

12 14.81%
  • 800-999

8 9.88%
  • 1000-1299

16 19.75%
  • 1300-1599

14 17.28%
  • 1600 plus

29 35.80%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What size is your apartment?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan

What size is your apartment?

I`m sure I`m not the only one who gets frustrated with the size of living space here. I wonder how long it will take to get used to it, especially with a baby now. My apartment is actually good value for the size, but that says little to me.

I`ll start:
    800 sq ft (650 useable), 3 bedrooms, 2 baths

-HATE my teeny tiny kitchen
    -ours came furnished - OVER-furnished - there`s stuff everywhere
    -don`t like sleeping on a DOUBLE bed (sorry, dear husband)
    -actually hard to clean bc the whole place is nook and cranny with all the furniture, standing fans, stroller, air purifier, dehumidifier, junk, etc.

cesh is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    It was more important for us to have more space and a little peace & quiet (we live in Pokfulam) rather than have lots of "stuff" and spend lots of money going out. Also wanted to move once more whilst in HK and stop there. So there's room for more kids.
    Since we moved from our old place we're so much happier, but it is definitely harder to clean it all when heavily pregnant. Lucky my husband is a superstar weekend cleaner - for the moment anyway.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    we, too, need more space. although we miss the community in DB terribly, it would be VERY difficult to go back. there is just no way we could afford what we have out here if we were to move closer to "town".

as most already know...

1000' garden
    5 bedrooms (we use one for storage, one for playroom, one for the kids to share, one for helper and one for us)

spockey is offline Registered User
    Got tired of double bed too!
    Had to sacrifice convenience - 20 minutes away from nearest train station by shuttle service. But not too bad as shuttle leaves every 30 minutes off peak and 15 during peak hours.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    Not sure how big our current place in Oz is - it is a three bed cottage. That said, we really only 'live' in the kitchen/dining room and then the bedroom so moving back to HK and a smaller place (it will be just over 1000) should be fine for us.

Our new place will have furniture purchased for it which I think will make a big difference! But I am with others, minimalist. I am getting a queen size bed for us though - our current King is painful to make and change sheets 'cause it is so BIG! And after 12 years I am ready for a new one.

No garden but it does have a small balcony with doors that open up onto a water fountain - I hope that is good Feng Shui.

sorchului is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I wish I have a bigger apartment for my little one to run around and my husband is a collector so our place now is a bit cluttered and crowded...

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Live in Pokfulam, the belchers. 2bdrm, one bathroom about 850sqft. We just moved in and we had to furnish it, but the extra space is fantastic!

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    we have it good in HK. lived in a small 2 bedroom flat in London but get a very decent housing allowance here. we have to use it or lose it so currently live in Stanley in 3000' semi-detached house with large garden.
    not sure how i'll cope if/when the housing allowance goes in 2 more years!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast