6 months postpartum and still no period!
- 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Ap Lei Chau
I BFed during 8 months but got my period back 3 months after the delivery, it never changed anything to my milk supply, but I was just careful that I woulnd't get pregnant again so soon !... that's something you have to check also, BF or not, you can get pregnant again any time, and as your ovulation is before your period, you just don't get your period back until you realise you are expecting again !
- 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
I think it's a bit odd to not be breastfeeding and still not having a period at 6 months post-partum.
I was breastfeeding exclusively at the time and had my period back by the time my son was 10 weeks old although he was only breastfed. I talked to my mom and in our family that is common with women. My mom breastfed myself and my two siblings exclusively--me until I was 9 months old and my brother and sister a bit longer (between 12-18 months) and she still always got her period back within 3 months after giving birth.
The only other woman I've really talked long-term breastfeeding over with is my friend who breastfed each of her three children for at least 2 years each and she said that after she introduced solids and the babies started to eat more (around 10 months) she got her period back. Anyway, I guess none of this breastfeeding talk applies as it's not relevant to your particular case.
So, yeah, I'm guessing that there is nothing terribly wrong with not having a period but if I were you, I would go to the doctor and have them test my hormones and find out why you're not having a period at this point.
- 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM #11
i'm won***rng if one had period pains previously... does the period comes back painful or does it change after pregnancy...
- 08-28-2009, 11:27 AM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- HK island
I did.. my cramps were crippling beflore and i almost always had to take a day off from work. When my period came back after pregnancy (though it has only been that one time) I did not feel a thing! I had no clue that it was coming even. For this i am SUPER glad.
- By miriam228 in forum Family HealthReplies: 19Last Post: 11-28-2009, 12:44 AM
- By Bashful in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM
- By mea in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 0Last Post: 01-24-2008, 12:23 PM
- By bbc mom in forum Family HealthReplies: 11Last Post: 06-22-2006, 09:24 PM
- By rani in forum Family HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 11-12-2005, 11:10 AM