Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

6 months postpartum and still no period!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Ap Lei Chau
    I BFed during 8 months but got my period back 3 months after the delivery, it never changed anything to my milk supply, but I was just careful that I woulnd't get pregnant again so soon !... that's something you have to check also, BF or not, you can get pregnant again any time, and as your ovulation is before your period, you just don't get your period back until you realise you are expecting again !

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I think it's a bit odd to not be breastfeeding and still not having a period at 6 months post-partum.

I was breastfeeding exclusively at the time and had my period back by the time my son was 10 weeks old although he was only breastfed. I talked to my mom and in our family that is common with women. My mom breastfed myself and my two siblings exclusively--me until I was 9 months old and my brother and sister a bit longer (between 12-18 months) and she still always got her period back within 3 months after giving birth.

The only other woman I've really talked long-term breastfeeding over with is my friend who breastfed each of her three children for at least 2 years each and she said that after she introduced solids and the babies started to eat more (around 10 months) she got her period back. Anyway, I guess none of this breastfeeding talk applies as it's not relevant to your particular case.

So, yeah, I'm guessing that there is nothing terribly wrong with not having a period but if I were you, I would go to the doctor and have them test my hormones and find out why you're not having a period at this point.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    i'm won***rng if one had period pains previously... does the period comes back painful or does it change after pregnancy...

bart is offline Registered User
    HK island
    I did.. my cramps were crippling beflore and i almost always had to take a day off from work. When my period came back after pregnancy (though it has only been that one time) I did not feel a thing! I had no clue that it was coming even. For this i am SUPER glad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12