Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Overseas Chinese/Asian mums-2-B in Kowloon?

solidstars is offline Registered User
    chrisyoew you're more than welcome to join us, my son's 5 months old

gem
    gem is offline Registered User

Hiya

I just checked back on Geobaby today - first time this month! - so must apologise for not replying to your friendly posts sooner (Won't be so absent-minded, silly, next time...)

Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    NEW TERRITORIES, Shatin, Tai Wai, Kowloon Tong

lisa88 and i are meeting with any moms/moms to be more than welcomed to join! we've arranged to meet 12 sept (sat) at festival walk pacific coffee at 3 pm...
    solidstars & lisa88 - GREAT you've set up a get-together on Sat, tomorrow @ 3pm, at Fest Walk in Kowloon Tong (15mins from me!), but as I've only just found out about it, afraid won't be able to make it.

Would love to meet you's, more moms OR moms-to-be, in the area in the coming week or weekend. Ideally, next Fri teatime? (18th), or Sat/Sun (19th/20th) any time in the afternoon. Similarly, at Kowloon Tong's Pacific Coffee - OR in Elements mall above Kowloon Station MTR - wherever's most convenient for others, fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by anbrasia View Post
    Do you speak Manderine? I am expecting my second one in Feb 2010. I am currently in Singapore but will move to HK soon, a bit stressed cause everything is new to me. I will live near KL Tong or somewhere there, should be easy to meet up once I move there.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisyeow View Post
    Hi, would love to meet up too... my BB just turned 1 year. We live near Kowloon Tong side and anywhere in Kowloon is good for me.

I am from Singapore and has been living in HK for the past 9 years.
    So you girls are from Singapore? My HK-Chinese hubby lived and studied many years there, thus picking up fluent Mandarin, BUT sadly, I don't speak Mandarin, just a fair amount of Cantonese to get by OK in HK as I've been here years.

anbrasia - I can imagine how stressful moving to another place/city can be - with everything NEW to deal with in unfamiliar settings PLUS another exciting addition to your family! Yeah, it'll take a bit of time to settle in, but not to worry... you will

Looking forward to meeting new friends, parents, parents-to-be, in or around Kowloon. And please excuse my ill-chosen message "title", didn't actually mean for it just to be aimed at Chinese/Asians.

Hm, baby in me belly's kicking more and more each day... Lively little fella.

hi gem, i can't do the rest of this months w/es, jammed pack with mid-autumn festivities... but how about 10 oct or the weekend after? elements is fine with me, it was good meeting lisa88 and her lovely baby but pacific coffee was really packed with people/students!!! we thought our next gathering should be someplace reservable...

hope your bump's coming along well!

gem
    gem is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    ...how about 10 oct or the weekend after? elements is fine with me, it was good meeting lisa88 and her lovely baby but pacific coffee was really packed with people/students!!! we thought our next gathering should be someplace reservable...
    Hi there, solidstars - Yeah, understandable, it's quite some feat getting times & dates "matching" and suiting folks. Especially when things like T8s and seasonal fests/hols have a habit of popping up round the corner, eh :-)

Well, 10th Oct, Saturday in Elements - afternoon? - sounds GOOD to me. Hope that one or two others, + maybe Obiwan and bubi who've mentioned they're just right above (Kowloon Station), can also make it.

Will continue to keep an eye out for any other threads here re: earlier "coffee" get-togethers this side of HK. (May meet another new mom who's PM'd me here, too.)

Recently, babe's a right lil' acrobat when I'm unwinding with feet up, lounging... Hm, I'm on decaf coffee, plus the odd cuppa hot chocolate, these days - should I be laying off these, as well?

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    i should be able to join on 10 Oct afternoon, look forward to it!

Hi Gem, I would say everything in moderation, when I was pregnant I had one cup of coffee a day (love the aroma) and a glass of wine about once a week. The rest of the time I ate really healthily and exercised (swimming, prenatal yoga and prenatal massage) My obstetrician was cool about it and baby turned out fine.

my doctor explained that when you're moving, the baby is rocking and therefore still, but when you are sitting still/feet up/etc the baby has a chance to be active and kick around!

10 sat it is then, let's say 230 pm for now and confirm closer to the date!

ssheng is offline Registered User
    Oh, I wish I had caught this thread sooner; I am a first-time mom due late Jan/early Feb and also live on top of Elements. I'm an ABC and definitely would like to meet more moms to be or current moms in the area. Oct 10 happens to be my husband's birthday! But maybe I can still stop by and say hello, and I'll watch this forum for future get-togethers.

sweety576 is offline Registered User
    my baby he is 8 months old...i m from india and living in hk from last 10 year...but i cant speak mandrine or cantonese...i do understand cantonese....i really would like to meet moms....but we are gng to India on 8th oct...and will come back by 11 nov...so..let me know if there is another meeting in nov/dec....thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast