Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Overseas Chinese/Asian mums-2-B in Kowloon?

bubi is offline Registered User

Elements

Quote Originally Posted by ssheng View Post
    Oh, I wish I had caught this thread sooner; I am a first-time mom due late Jan/early Feb and also live on top of Elements. I'm an ABC and definitely would like to meet more moms to be or current moms in the area. Oct 10 happens to be my husband's birthday! But maybe I can still stop by and say hello, and I'll watch this forum for future get-togethers.
    Hi Ssheng,

I also live above elements.. if you like to met up and have a little chat with me we can meet up at elements, like for example in starbucks? :-) I am pregnant and just have 8 weeks to go before the big day... Take care and hope to see your reply.m ;-)

Bubi

May mom is offline Registered User

Dear ladies,

I would like to join your meeting as well. My baby boy is 4 months old. Can someone send me the meeting details? Really looking forward to see you all.

May mom

gem
    gem is offline Registered User

;-)

Yep, "LGB" - the tea salon, Paris-style - sounds a super idea to me, for our 10 Oct, Saturday (2.30pm) get-together.

So, if you can make it on that date - and indeed, "the more the merrier" - please post or "re-mention" your interest on this main thread.

Here's a bit of info about this tea & cake place: LGB - About Us

And it's "reservable", too... solidstars, would you mind doing the honours and book for us, closer to the date, and once we figure out roughly how many we are? Thanks lots. (Have to pop off elsewhere soon.)

Have a great few days of fun festivities, plus, hopefully REST, everyone. Ta-la...

P.S. Have met / will meet a couple of peeps who can't make it on that particular Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    hey all,

how about LGB? I was just near there today and it seems a good spot (changing room just next door)... shop no2009 near the movie theatre...

if so, should we make reservations? 21968488
    Last edited by gem; 09-29-2009 at 07:27 PM.

frangipani is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

Just read your posts. I would like to join you girls on Oct 10th. My due date is next April, so quite awhile away but getting excited. Perhaps I could get some tips from all of you.

lisa88 is offline Registered User

Hi Gem (and all pregnant mums)

about eating well, a really good book that was my 'bible' was "Nutrition for a Healthy Pregnancy" by Dr Elizabeth Somer. It covers your nutritional needs at every phase, from pre-conception to breastfeeding and trying for a second baby. Lots of handy tips on super foods to eat and how to organize your meals and meal prep. Reading the book helps put things in perspective about lots of old wives tales about what pregnant women should or should not eat. I ate lots of fruit & veg whilst pregnant, drank gallons of soy milk, exercised, had the occasional glass of wine, daily cups of coffee, exercised 2-3 times per week, walked up flights of stairs, and tried to get lots of sleep (in between working full time and changing jobs in my 3rd trimester!). Baby turned out really healthy. She hasn't had a day of sickness (touch wood!) and is almost 7 months now.

solidstars is offline Registered User

hi all, so far it's:

lisa88
    gem
    frangipani
    ssheng(dropping by to say hello?)
    maymom
    meiyee
    me (that's me)

= 6

gem
    gem is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    hi all, so far it's:

lisa88
    gem
    frangipani
    ssheng(dropping by to say hello?)
    maymom
    meiyee
    me (that's me)

= 6
    solidstars... You are a star Thanks.

So we are maybe 5-6 in number, and probably plus a couple more who'd posted much earlier and who might like to "re-confirm" here for the 10th Oct, too.

BTW, from PM/email chats, please also add "reei" and her current-mom friend on to your 10th Oct list, and methinks that 'ssheng' may not be able to pop in on us that particular Saturday coz of hubby's B/day (understandable!), so we'll meet another day - next week - instead. So, overall, that's a +1.

Still on... The more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa88 View Post
    about eating well, a really good book that was my 'bible' was "Nutrition for a Healthy Pregnancy" by Dr Elizabeth Somer. It covers your nutritional needs at every phase, from pre-conception to breastfeeding and trying for a second baby. Lots of handy tips on super foods to eat and how to organize your meals and meal prep. Reading the book helps put things in perspective about lots of old wives tales about what pregnant women should or should not eat...
    I'll certainly look up that book by Dr Somer - as already, I've been checking out about nutrition and health during pregnancy (erm... info overload!), especially now with the last-trimester stretch starting to make itself more FELT by the day.

Been reading, amongst other titles, "The Gift of Health: The Complete Pregnancy Diet for Your Baby's Wellness - From Birth Through Adulthood" by Karin B. Michels, and find it helps with tips on how to gain weight in the regulated, safe way through "nutrition-rich" foods. I started out slightly underweight and was gaining only very slowly at the beginning. (The book also deals with the reverse: preventing excessive weight gain.)

Lots in it about how our food and life habits not only influence our babies' health at birth but way afters too, when they're growing as kids and into adults. Interesting stuff - but wah... yeah, info overload :missingto

Thanks for the thoughtful pointers.

solidstars is offline Registered User

i just called LGB, apparently no reservations allowed for saturday/sundays... and 'no breaking the rules' for pregnant moms and moms/babies either.

Oh well, we can always walk in? They shouldn't be as crowded as other places anyways... We'll just all see each other there at 230!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast