Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rice Cereal

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Rice Cereal

Hi everyone! I would like to let my little one (23 weeks) try rice cereal in the next week or two. What brands do other mums recommend? Thanks!

sorchului is offline Registered User
    My baby is currently eating 'Holle', I also have 'Organix' and Bellamy's. All available from Bumps to Babes, Three Sixty or City's Super

curiouscat2 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

I just have to vent about this.

I was looking at baby cereal in the aisles of the local ParkNShop yesterday. I think the brand was Fre...something -- some of the ingredients listed are just mind-blowing! Vanillin flavouring?!! something-or-the-other tocopherol???

My eyes nearly popped out. I cannot believe parents feed this stuff to their babies. Are people out there out of their minds?!

And now I googled and read about melamine in Heinz baby cereal. This just gets better and better.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I have used Healthy Times organic brown rice cereal from PnS and Eugene, as well as recently Organix from PnS, which I now prefer. It`s powder instead of flakes, lasts longer, is cheaper, and seems to taste more like brown rice than the Healthy Times.
    That`s funny about Heinz and Melamine. I didn`t even consider that brand as they only have white rice cereal and I only want to give my son whole grain.

curiouscat2 is offline Registered User
    "funny" is not the word that springs to my mind... "upsetting" is more like it.

the people who read geobaby seem to be clued into the benefits of whole grain and organic food. but think of all the mothers out there who must be buying this fresonic stuff!! those are probably the same mothers i smile at in the baby changing rooms in the shopping malls!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I assume that the issue with Heinz and melamine a historic concern? I thought that the melamine concern had passed now?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Any comments on the Healthy Times Organic Brown Rice Cereal from mommies who have tried it?

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i'm not a fan of the Healthy Times rice cereal. as a previous poster also commented, Organix First Rice Cereal is much better. you can get it at PnS among other places.
    I used Organix brand in London with my first son and again in HK with my second.
    I did buy a box of the Healthy Times once and didn't finish it. the Organix would make up more cereal using similar quantities and was a better texture and my son and I both preferred it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast