Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What would you like to know?

dilorisryan is offline Registered User

What would you like to know?

Hi,

I am looking for some ideas for a book I am starting all related to pregnancy. After already giving birth twice I have experienced some of the most common symptoms and after effects as a result of being pregnant and couldn't find sufficient information to tackle these problems. This led me to want to write my own book in a bid to help all people thinking of starting a family and women who are already pregnant together with tip and tricks for people is the post natal phase.

I am giving you all the opportunity to add your own ideas, tip and tricks or questions you would love to see answered by replying to this post: Please feel free to give me your thoughts on this one.

regards

Diloris.

Frenchy is offline Registered User

What a great... and courageous idea ! :) There are so many things to say about it !

I'm french speaking and found a very good book in french tough, called Le Livre de bord de la Future Maman, with lots of explanations and very useful all along the pregnancy.
    But... there is something I never read anywhere, maybe because it's not the most exciting detail, but I think some mums to be would be less surprised if they were told that right after the birth, we can lose a lot of blood, and not feel anything when it comes to go to the toilet !!
    It took me 3 months to come back to normal (my baby had a big head and we had to use the vacuum), I had no more working muscles even though I did a lot of perinea exercices !

Concerning women willing to breastfeed, I would suggest that they make sure they can find someone asap to help, who can be there right after the birth, to make the first feed.

Also, concerning the food to avoid during pregnancy, it all comes to different cultures... could be interesting to make some lists depending on some different countries.

Well... that's just a few short ideas :D

Good luck !

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I`m wondering if you read the `Post Pregnancy Handbook`. I found that to be pretty comprehensive, both for natural and c-section afterbirths.
    It might be nice to read more on the emotionally developmental and identity changes that mothers experience. I see a big change in myself since I had my baby, particularly with how I now relate to my husband.
    Also, I didn`t know a c-section would be THAT PAINFUL.
    And unless someone is reading a complete Breastfeeding book and really preparing herself prior, I don`t think general books adequately cover just how determined and consumed some women have to be to successfull breastfeed in the early weeks and months.

Gemma is offline Registered User

What a great idea! I think a book incorporating some Chinese influences would be wonderful. I always think there is a lot of logic and sense in the Chinese grandma's tales but I don't know where to start looking for them, and a lot of it is hearsay.

I don't think breastfeeding support is done very well in HK in many hospitals so that might be a good idea. My sister in law went through hell for the first few weeks trying to breastfeed her baby.

Also:
    Foods to avoid / eat when ttc to concieve (western and chinese)
    how to prepare yourself to maximise your conception chances
    ways to get back into shape after birth

dilorisryan is offline Registered User

Breastfeeding in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma View Post
    What a great idea! I think a book incorporating some Chinese influences would be wonderful. I always think there is a lot of logic and sense in the Chinese grandma's tales but I don't know where to start looking for them, and a lot of it is hearsay.

I don't think breastfeeding support is done very well in HK in many hospitals so that might be a good idea. My sister in law went through hell for the first few weeks trying to breastfeed her baby.

Also:
    Foods to avoid / eat when ttc to concieve (western and chinese)
    how to prepare yourself to maximise your conception chances
    ways to get back into shape after birth
    Hi Gemma,

Fisrly thanks you for your reply to my post. Could you please give me some more information regarding breastfeeding support in HK. AAnd maybe what the differences may be between HK and the Western countries. I am looking for subject content for my book so a little more information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

Diloris

babymommy2 is offline Registered User

Is your book geared towards a hong kong market? There are so many North american/european general pregnancy books already some from "expert persepctive" some from "Mom perspective", I think that the idea to have chinese pregnancy information is great, I have never seen anything like that in english and I definatly would have bought that. What I had the most trouble finding were books with stories of moms expereinces, I could only find 1 book like that, narritives of moms in pregnacy, and many of them so there was always something you could relate too. whereas the general pregnancy books, there are shelves upon shelves of that kind of thing.

Scroll to top