Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

dog walking

reei is offline Registered User

dog walking

what is the best way to walk a dog if you have bringing a 1 year old toddler with you?
    since i am living in a dogs not allowed apartment, i will have to put my 10kg schnauzer in a dog bag,, walk a short distance, before i let him out of the dog bag.
    as i'll be cleaning up the dog poop, my idea now is to.. buy an ergo carrier so baby is at my back and the dog in front.
    any better idea?

nino is offline Registered User
    I've been walking two medium-sized dogs on leashes since my daughter was born. When she was younger, I'd put her in a front carrier, but now that its so hot and she's bigger (she's 10 months), I put her in the stroller. My husband takes her out in the Ergo on his back with the dogs sometimes, I just find it too hot.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Another option is those hiking backpacks for toddlers? My toddler loves going in this. I used to carry him until a couple of months ago, but now that he's too heavy at 20 mths, my husband does while walking the dogs. I use the stroller. It's definitely not pleasant having a toddler on your back but it got me back to pre-pregnancy weight pretty quickly!

reei is offline Registered User
    thanks for your info. i just got my ergo baby carrier last friday and trying them out. i did walked the dog yesterday with baby at my bag.. it is okay.. just the part of putting the dog in the bag and carrying for a short distance that is a bit difficult coz it is not a small schnauzer.