Hello,

It's Carmen, I'm a 24 year-old local girl. I've just finished my Bachelor's degree in HK Poly University and will study a Master's Degree in Australia next year. I can speak native Cantonese, and near-native Mandarin & English. I used to work for Cathay Pacific as a Day Camp team leader, my duties were taking care of the children that belonged to the CX's staff and designed some recreational activities for them to join during the summer holiday.

I've been babysitting for 3.5 years and have worked for more than 25 foreign & local families. I've had experience with children as young as 1 month old to 13 year old.

Besides babysitting, I've been organizing Mandarin/Cantonese playdates for some of the children I babysit since 2008.
I'm offering fun Mandarin/Cantonese playdates instead of formal lessons in Mandarin/Cantonese for children who understand basic Mandarin/Cantonese but are not willing to speak. I bring toys and treats; play games with the children to encourage them to speak more Mandarin/Cantonese. It's not just Mandarin/Cantonese, it's about communication and interaction. I found it works out very well as over 90 per cent of children have more confident to speak Mandarin/Cantonese after having Mandarin/ Cantonese Playdate for a few times.

Since I have some regular babysitting/playdate appointments , my availability are as follows:
Tuesday: 10:30 am - 2:30pm
Wednesday: 11am - 2pm
Thursday: 10:30am - 3pm
Friday: 11am - 5:30pm

Rate (HK$)
Mandarin/ Cantonese Playdate for 1-2 Child(ren)

$180 - 1 hour
$230 - 1.5 hours
$300 - 2 hours

Mandarin/ Cantonese Playdate for more than 2 children
Negotiable

If you are interested in the Mandarin/Cantonese playdate, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
References available upon request.
Many Thanks!