Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

help! to book a hospital bed without being in HK

elodie is offline Registered User

help! to book a hospital bed without being in HK

I'm currently in France and pregnant since 2 months. My husband will go to work in HK from November. I'll go with him together or even later.

It seems that the hospital beds are very limited in HK. Now I have all medical following in France and hospital bed reserved in France as well. In case of going to HK, i have to have all examen records transferred to one hospital or clinic in HK and book a bed in last minute. Is it possible? Otherwise, can I book a hospital of HK now from France?

Thanks a lot for your advices.

cesh is offline Registered User

Congratulations.
    The hospital beds issue here is just in particular private hospitals like the Matilda, however don't worry, you will be able to get a bed somewhere and the standard of care in Hong Kong hospitals is very good.
    Perhaps get in touch with one of the obstetricians in Hong Kong (there's a directory here on Geobaby) via email and see if they'll agree to take you on as a patient before you get here and then if they'll make a hospital booking for you. If that doesn't work, depending how many women are due at the same time as you, by November you should still have time to get a private hospital organised. For the public hospitals - no problem at all.
    Good luck.

elodie is offline Registered User

Hi Cesh, thanks for your reply. So I must pass through an obstetrician to book a private hospital, don't I?

For public hospitals, are there always places available even at last moment? I may arrive in HK in december.

Thanks