Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

recommendations for good feeding baby chair?

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    I had your typical large american style high chair and I hated it, too big, hard to clean, it would have fit a toddler better than a baby, in the end I mostly used our small foldable/portable chair that clips onto your regular chair. It was small enough I could wash it in the sink. They get really dirty, really fast so i think the #1 priority is easy to clean. I've seen ones that are small enough and come apart so you can fit it in a dish washer, and that is what I am going to get for my next baby.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I figured that babies are not really in high chairs for that long so did not want to spend alot of money on one and I also wanted one thats easy to clean. So i went for the IKEA one and just put a small cushion to help support our son when he was small. It may not be the most attractive but its SO SO easy to clean. You can also remove the tray and push it up to the dining room table so baby can eat with you.

I do love the Tripp Trapp but it wasn't in our budget.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shenzhennifer View Post
    I used a bumbo for the first week or so since it was available when I started my son on solids. I just put it on a chair, even though it`s not recommended.
    Then I used a booster seat that was given to me by a friend. It was ok but it was still too low for me and hurt my back to be hunched over feeding him all the time.
    Now I use a regular high chair that I got for a super cheap price off asiaxpat. It`s so so -foldable but still a bit bulky, but much better than using a booster for me.
    A lot of people swear by the IKEA one, but I just don`t see the charm at all.
    My ideal one would be a few years old Graco one - very basic and simple with flat but padded vinyl seat- but they don`t sell them like that here.
    hi shenzhennifer - which chair is it that you got super cheap off asiaxpat?

as space is limited where i live so foldable would be good - i did look at the svan chair and the tripp trapp one but think it's out of my budget...

thanka2 - the bucket seems... like it'll fall off? sorry it's just my baby's so heavy and that looks a bit precarious? Or maybe it's cuz i have glass top table...

karmah1, which ikea chair? do you have the name for it?

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    solidstars,

the IKEA chair is called ANTILOP, you purchase the tray and chair separately. You can also buy a cushion support but I just used an old cushion i found at home.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Solidstars - the brand is Hauck, some German brand I`ve never heard of and the previous owner said she got it at Wing On. I can`t really complain for the price I paid, but I wouldn`t recommend buying a new one. I saw a decent one being sold...maybe the brand was Minibee - another I haven`t heard of - but it looked both sturdy and space saving once folded. I have no idea how much it would go for though. My friend uses a fisher price healthy start booster. I wanted that one, but glad I didn`t get it because my back still would have hurt from all that hunching over feeding (I`m not tall - about 160cm).

msmslau is offline Registered User
    Stokke - easy to clean, adjustable even up to teenage years....

Shana is offline Registered User
    how about Peg Perego Tatamia?? Has any mama used it before?! Any comments on it? It just came out a couple of weeks ago in HK. It is a "3-in-1" highchair: a baby swing, a recliner, and a high chair.

Price for it is pretty steep.... does anyone know where I can get it besides 0/3 baby?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Solidstars - if you have a Jusco near you, have a look in their baby section. They have got some pretty basic, no-name brand high chairs there for $400-550. I was going to get one there at last resort if I never spotted the used one for sale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast