Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

recommendations for good feeding baby chair?

solidstars is offline Registered User

recommendations for good feeding baby chair?

i've been looking around, and there are so many ranging from really expensive to really cheap...

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on the ones they are using? Hopefully not to expensive, seeing as baby will grow out of the chair pretty quickly...

I saw one small stool one that teaches baby how to sit upright, you can buy a clip-on mealtable thing for it, but I figured I don't want to be kneeling and feeding baby - possibly it's better for baby to be at table height? (looks like this- PRINCE LION HEART BEBE POD - Sage Green/Yellow | Baby Entertainer| Entertainment Centers on Baby Shop)

Would really appreciate comments/suggestions from moms who have used feeding chairs...

Smiles is offline Registered User
    We started with the Bumbo (which looks similar to the Bebe Pod) but only used it for a couple of months (my daughter got too big for it!). You do have to sit on the floor to use it as it can't be put onto a table.

We now use the Tripp Trapp chair which isn't cheap but a) my daughter sits at the table with it b) as she gets bigger it converts into a chair for her when she is older. You can get both from mothercare but I'd also try geoexpat....

I have also seen one at Ikea which is also table height and has it's own fixed tray. My sister uses it and thinks it's great, also obviously much cheaper then a Tripp Trapp.
    Last edited by Smiles; 09-08-2009 at 06:54 PM.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I second the tripp trapp. I like the fact it has no tray and pulls up to the table so your baby gets used to sitting and eating with the family. We used it from 6 months with the baby attachments and now my daughter is 2 its a proper chair, we just lower the seat as she grows.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I used a bumbo for the first week or so since it was available when I started my son on solids. I just put it on a chair, even though it`s not recommended.
    Then I used a booster seat that was given to me by a friend. It was ok but it was still too low for me and hurt my back to be hunched over feeding him all the time.
    Now I use a regular high chair that I got for a super cheap price off asiaxpat. It`s so so -foldable but still a bit bulky, but much better than using a booster for me.
    A lot of people swear by the IKEA one, but I just don`t see the charm at all.
    My ideal one would be a few years old Graco one - very basic and simple with flat but padded vinyl seat- but they don`t sell them like that here.

cyberfish88 is offline Registered User
    I also have the Tripp Trapp and love it. I've always loved that my daughter could sit right up to the table and that the chair will last a long time. All that being said, if I was to do it again I would start with the IKEA one! Its lightweight, easy to clean, easy to move around and cheap! My friend has one at her house that we use whenever we are there and its basic but all you really need as far as I am concerned. For example when your baby is so young, you don't always want her pulled up to the table but instead its nice to be able to move the chair to where you are and where the action is (e.g. the kitchen).

thanka2 is offline Registered User

I *heart* "bucket seats"

We were given a baby seat that clips onto the table and it honestly has been the most practical and convenient contraption for us. It A) is economical (they aren't that spendy and for us, ours was free) B) saves space C) gets baby used to sitting up at the table with the rest of the family D) is easily cleaned and E) is safe--ours also has a safety belt and many have shoulder harnesses. My son has been using it since he as 5-months-old and he's nearly 2-years-old now. I am not sure about the specific brand but here is a photo of one that is comparable:

Our son has reached the stage where I think he'll be sitting in a regular chair with a booster seat pretty soon but if we had another baby, I would definitely use our seat again.
    Last edited by thanka2; 09-08-2009 at 10:35 PM.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    I was originally planning to get a Tripp Trapp when one of the mums suggested the Svan chair (google it), which was on sale at Bumps to Babes at the time. It was cheaper than the Tripp Trapp but ergonomically designed. The Svan has a wooden tray which is removable so I can choose to use it or not. The high chair is wooden, easily cleaned, and the cushion upholstery removable for washing. All in, no complaints, and none either from little miss greedy!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Oh, and just to add--with the "bucket seats", I especially like it because it doesn't have a wide base that takes up room like all the other high chairs I've seen which is really nice when you have to consider space and also it stores amazingly--it comes apart and folds up so you could put it in the back of a closet somewhere when you're done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast