Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

sleeping time?

reei is offline Registered User

sleeping time?

at what time should a 1 year old sleep? what time does your baby sleep?

carang is offline Registered User
    western babies/children tend to be put to sleep earlier than most asian counterparts.

my kids (2.5 & 4.5) go to sleep between 7:30-8:30 depending on the day. they have gone to sleep at the same time since they were about 1 year old. my son's teacher was concerned because my son doesn't nap during nap time at school most days. i've explained to her that he hasn't had regular naps since he was about 2.5 yrs old because he goes to bed early. when i told her what time he goes to bed, she was shocked.

i know that i have many students who don't go to bed until 10-12 at night, which to me is shocking.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    My son is also going to bed 8.30 maximum, it was around 7.30 when he was 1 yo, now he is nearly 2 and has dinner with us.

reei is offline Registered User
    i thought going to bed early would be good to by 9pm.. but i worked and really would love to spend more time with her.. i am the one keeping her up and playing with her..:(

carang is offline Registered User
    that seems to be the reasoning of most "local" parents. they put in long hours and if the kids went to bed early, they would not have any time to see their parents. as i said, i know many toddlers that go to sleep well after 9pm, some as late as midnight.

you really need to do what works for you and your family. just make sure that your child is getting enough sleep overall. most local kids have long naps in the afternoon until they start primary school. i believe this is so that they are able to stay awake later to play with mummy & daddy.

personally, i prefer my kids to go to bed early. it gives me some wind-down time and some alone time with husband before we go to bed ourselves.

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    My daughter is 18months and goes to bed between 7- 7.30, this has got gradually later from nearer 6.30 when she was younger. It does mean she doesnt get to see daddy on an evening but she is so active all afternoon and refuses a second nap that she can never make it past 7.30.

Plus to be honest, as Cara said, as much as I love my daughter after 12 hours I do look forward to an evening of adult time!

LeahH is offline Registered User
    7pm for my 6 month old and 8pm for the 2 year old. The split bedtime gives the older one a little special time with us after her brother is down. I am going back to work shortly and this will not give me much time with them (sometimes none if I am not home in time) but they get up at 6-7am so we do have special time together in the morning.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    my 9 months old goes to sleep at 7:30-8pm. After that it's the peaceful quiet adult time I needed most after a crazy day.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast