Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

recommending my current helper (full time)

gela is offline Registered User

recommending my current helper (full time)

I am a Korean mom, and I would like to recommend my current helper Mary Jean D. Apparicio to those who are looking for a new helper. She is from the Philippines, 25 years old and single. She studied Elementary Education in college, but didn?t graduate.
    Mary Jean has worked for us for 1 year and 5 months, and was the main caretaker of my son from September 2008 to July 2009, because I was a full time student during that period of time. My son was 16 months old when she started working for us, and from that time till now, she has been a wonderful nanny to my son. She was careful, patient, cheerful with him. Another important thing for parents is probably the English issue. Well, Mary Jean speaks English very well. She always perfectly understood my instructions, and I was often amazed by her rich vocabulary. Thanks to her, my 2,5 year old son now speaks English quite well, even though me and my husband mainly talked to him in Korean.
    As for her cooking skills, they were so satisfactory that after teaching several dishes (mainly Korean) we like, I almost stopped cooking. She cooked exactly as instructed, and as for some of the Korean dishes, she now cooks them better than I do. She also cooked for my son most of the time.
    She also cleans impeccably. I seldom had to give her extra instructions.
    And I just like her personally because she is truly a lovely person. I wish I had a reason to keep her with us (like work, a second baby in mind, or studies) but I don?t and that is why I decided to terminate her employment with us.
    In conclusion, Mary Jean is a fast learner, a hard working, trustworthy and agreeable person, and those, I think, are the most important qualities when you hire someone.
    If you are interested in interviewing her, please contact Mary Jean anytime at 6973 7871. I will gladly take calls from you if you have extra questions for me after interviewing her.
    (FYI, she is also available for job interviews anytime. But she will have to go back to the Philippines for her visa, and therefore start working for her new employers only after 2 months. She is free to leave Hong Kong as soon as she finds a new employer.)

(I also posted this same ad on the "classifieds for domestic helpers" section of Hong Kong Expat - Serviced Apartments, Classifieds, Forums for Expats in Hong Kong with a picture of Mary Jean on it)

gela is offline Registered User
    Dear moms,

Thank you for your interest in Mary Jean.

I am happy to announce that she found a new employer.

Gela